6 OF THE MOST LUXURIOUS CIGAR LOUNGES IN THE WORLD

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Can you bring your own cigars?

So, I did bring in about 10 Cubans for the SuperBowl.  Didn't ask just did it.  Sat at the bar, probably ended up purchasing maybe $250 worth of Scotch and food.  I also purchased a couple of of moderately expensive Padrons (YUK!) in their humidor. I was there the night before with my own smokes and spent maybe $125 or so on drinks and food.

To answer your question, use common sense.  If you plan on bringing your own CCs and are gonna order a couple of $5 Cokes and drink water than I wouldn't do it.  But I made it clear to them very early on that I was there for awhile and ready to spend $$$$$.  They couldn't of cared less that I brought my own smokes.

Any place with "video porker at the bar" wins for me. I have about 5 different ideas of what it could be, most of them in some way immoral or at least inadvisable.

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Akela3rd said:

Any place with "video porker at the bar" wins for me. I have about 5 different ideas of what it could be, most of them in some way immoral or at least inadvisable.emoji848.png

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

Haha Video POKER or as our Aussie brethren refer to them "Pokies" Not really my bag, but some people can't get enough of em. 

1 hour ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Can you bring your own cigars?

I've never purchased a cigar there. The first time I went, I was with a group for a bachelor party. We spent several hundred on food and drinks though. This last time, I had a beer and a G&T with my Punch Punch, left a nice tip, took some photos, and headed out. Neither time did anybody even suggest I take a look at the walk in. @Buck14 has got it, don't expect to walk away clean, but don't feel obligated to spend like crazy. 

Arturo Fuente bar in Vegas is great! fantastic Mojitos! HTF Fuentes there as well.

5 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

Great eye candy working at that bar

Indeed!

Carnegie Club is very nice, but in the city, I prefer the Cigar Inn on 2nd Avenue, and Nat Sherman's on 42nd is no joke either.

My regular joint is the Montecristo Lounge at J.R. Cigar in Whippany, NJ. Several smoking rooms, a half-decent lunch-style restaurant with a good liquor selection. Not too fond of the noise and TVs, but in every respect it's a great place. You can bring your own smokes, nobody cares (and you get one at no extra charge with lunch), but you can't bring in outside food or drink.

I think my favourite exotic locale cigar club was a former LCDH in Tallinn, Estonia called The Oak Room. Terrific atmosphere, good prices (for Europe), and a good selection of CCs, NCs, high-end Rum, and Scotch. An exquisitely civilized way to spend an afternoon.

I've never liked TVs or other visual distractions in a cigar lounge. I prefer solitude, personally; or a place to get lost in my thoughts with a glass of Glenmorangie Nectar D'or or a nicely aged Havana Club rum, and a Magnum 46 or a CoRo. Or perhaps read a book or a newspaper or quietly converse with friends old or new. TVs blaring and DudeBros shouting is a turnoff for me big time. Likewise, yes, I know it's a smoking lounge/cigar store. I don't need floor-to-ceiling posters of Churchill or Samuel Clemens, logos of brands or gigantic cigar bands (and definitely no wooden Indians). Just attentive staff, some comfortable chairs, hot-and-cold running waitstaff, good food, top-shelf adult beverages and surroundings that make me want to spend both time and money in, especially when it's cold outside and I can't smoke on my deck in comfort.

Surprised no one is talking about the Regent Hotel in Singapore.  The cigar shop and lounge has the most complete selection of Habanos (old and new) in the world.  Grandest wine and liquor list of any cigar bar as well.