English Premier League - where will your team end up?

Hello to my fellow EPL fans. Just a shout out to those who love the beautiful game to explain where the EPL team that they love (and probably sometimes hate!) will end up at the end of the season. I only ask that you give a range withing three placings and why you think this. If you don't think your club will be first, tell us who you think will.

I think my beloved Liverpool FC will end up 3rd-5th.

Why? Our greatest asset is our manager and he will push the team to it's limits. I am confident of making the top 4 which sadly seems to have taken over the desire to only be first.

EPL Champions - Spurs! Just based on their consistency over the last two seasons, their team is a year older and wiser.

Your turn....

Don't care. Carlisle United will revel in mid-table mediocrity in League Two.

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

I think my lot, Arsenal, can do it this year, but I think they won't quite. I'm putting them in second, but I'm not sure who I'd have pipping them for first. I don't see City putting the consistency together for enough of a run. I think Chelsea may repeat, actually.

Arsenal, here.  I don't think they're realistic title challengers, but should contend for the top 4 after missing out last year.  I think eventually Wenger and the board will roll over and take the money for Alexis, which completely changes the calculus.  Frustrating he'll probably end up at City, but I don't believe for a second the board would risk losing him for free.  

Lacazette looks like a good buy so far, and Xhaka seems to be growing into the player we'd hoped.  Huge fan of Sead Kolasinac so far.  Would really be nice if Cazorla could return and contribute at the levels we've come to expect, but that seems like a long shot.  Still questions at the back, but I assume we'll see a lot more of the back three that worked well for the most part late last season.  Tactically Arsene needs to figure out how to give his side a chance against top 4 rivals.  Can't continue to take beatings in big matches, and that's mostly on him.

Prediction for the top 4: 

1. City

2. Chelsea

3. Arsenal

4. Man Utd

Sp*rs to be relegated, hopefully.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, wabashcr said:

I think eventually Wenger and the board will roll over and take the money for Alexis, which completely changes the calculus.  Frustrating he'll probably end up at City, but I don't believe for a second the board would risk losing him for free.

I think selling him would be madness, despite the financial hit of losing him on a free. It's very reasonable to expect he could be the difference between Champions League and not. That alone is worth close to what we could realistically sell him for, just in cash- to say nothing of the added ability to attract other players, inspire the team and demonstrate our ambitions. Factor in his impact in the league and cups and he pretty much pays for himself.

47 minutes ago, Doctorossi said:

I think selling him would be madness, despite the financial hit of losing him on a free. It's very reasonable to expect he could be the difference between Champions League and not. That alone is worth close to what we could realistically sell him for, just in cash- to say nothing of the added ability to attract other players, inspire the team and demonstrate our ambitions. Factor in his impact in the league and cups and he pretty much pays for himself.

Part of the equation is do they really want him in the team if he doesn't want to be there?  His professionalism has been called into question before.  On top of that, he can start negotiating with other clubs in January.  Who knows what kinds of issues that could cause in the business end of the season?  Being a World Cup year means we should get the best version of him, but it's not like his place with Chile is in any danger.  I'd love to keep him.  I just don't believe the board will see it the same.  Football is pretty far down their list of priorities.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wabashcr said:

Part of the equation is do they really want him in the team if he doesn't want to be there?  His professionalism has been called into question before.  On top of that, he can start negotiating with other clubs in January.  Who knows what kinds of issues that could cause in the business end of the season?  Being a World Cup year means we should get the best version of him, but it's not like his place with Chile is in any danger.  I'd love to keep him.  I just don't believe the board will see it the same.  Football is pretty far down their list of priorities.

Valid points, all.

I can see Man U making a serious challenge . My City will be there or therabouts. 

Attacking quality looks up across the board.  The best defence among the top 6 will determine the winner I believe. That probably rules out Arsenal. City's new back 4 are untested as yet but are an upgrade on last year. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

The best defence among the top 6 will determine the winner I believe. That probably rules out Arsenal.

I can't really argue against you too hard there.  :(

That said, from a purely statistical perspective, Arsenal's defense is perennially underrated. If we could get back to our early-aughts goal conversion rate, the defense would probably be sufficient.

I'd love to have Chelsea finish in the top 4 but this hasn't been the best beginning. Get through the transfer window and see what Conte has to work with and he will get the best out of the boys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love my beloved Spurs to give me something to cheer about for once in my life, but sadly we are playing at Wembley all year and I'm not certain we'll ever attain the success we did last year.  My fear is that 16/17 season was the best it will ever get.

My gut tells me United will take it this year.  City can still splash the cash but Pep still doesn't get the Premier League.  Fingers crossed that Emirates Stadium is attacked by North Korean nukes.  There is only one true North London team, and we're the Kings.