Looking for a good wine fridge suitable for cigars

We're about to enter the warmer months now in Sydney and it's about time I get my fridge sorted out. Am looking for something that can hold a good 400-800 cigars, nothing too big, which I could modify easy enough. If it has built in humidifier that would be even better.

Suggestions or advice?

Your choice and the engineering and technology to run it is subject to debate. Many people that attempt DIY wine cooler humidor projects claim success, while a number of them unplug them based on apparent failure. It largely depends on your ambient and how hard the unit runs, determining how stable the ultimate system will be.

Best of luck on your project.

Cheers! -Piggy

yes.  not worth the extra money - trust me you wont need all the cedar shelving and trays they throw in.

the only caveat is that the cigar specific one cools to a high of 74 while the reg one cools to a high of 66.  personally i don't think 66 is too cold altho i wish it was 68.

also - very important - if these refrigerators are plugged in and you lose power - when the power comes back on they revert to the lowest temp setting so you need to hook them up to a backup battery system like those used for a server....or they'll go to the lowest temp which is 54 for both models...