New forum design

It may not be us Rob, it may be Invision. Hence the "if"... If it's Invision, it could take time.

I'm using Google Chrome at the moment and it's slick. Safari's like a slug by comparison.

I tried temporarily removing Ryan's Javascript and the issue persisted, so it may be upstream from us and beyond our direct control. Ryan will get in and take a look when it's ok with you to do so.

49 minutes ago, refresh said:

We don't use Java. Javascript is a bog-standard thing on all sites and isn't related to Java.

Scroll speed doesn't affect editing a reply, which is painfully slow at times in Safari.

... I told you I know nothing of these matters!

Just trying to help! On the other hand, you don't want to be on my bad side, just ask Tabacuba!!! -LOL

Cheers! -Ray

Your help is greatly appreciated PigFish :)

It could be one of multiple things, we'll have a much better idea once Ryan pokes around.

Chrome's really good on OSX, it's very odd for an error to strike just one browser.

Can those affected by this issue please let us know your device (iPhone, iPad, Mac), operating system version (e.g iOS 9.x, OSX El Capitan etc), and Safari version (e.g 10.1.2 in Safari > About Safari)?

On 23.8.2017 at 2:27 PM, refresh said:

The design isn't new, we've just updated to the latest security-patched version of the Invision software. If anything's changed, it's on them, not us. We're just trying to keep the bad guys at bay.

That came with an unexpected serving of "enjoy your broken theme!", which we're dealing with and have most of it back up and running.

Some of the plugins may still be broken or no longer supported - I'll deal with that as we figure it all out.

Thanks, mate. I realise, it seems there's a lot more they screwed up. Douchebags - to link a security update with a loss of theme and functionality. But perhaps well-intentioned, just making sure that you guys are not running out of work... haha.

Thanks Pigfish, I've tested using the same setup and have the same problem. By the way, that's a stonker of a Mac Mini, the i7 2012 model is in high demand on the second-hand market.

The temporary solution on Mac is to use Google Chrome, Firefox or Opera.

Chrome on iOS sits over the Safari engine, so it won't help there. Tapatalk would be an alternative.

Ryan's working on the problem, we'll nut it out as soon as possible. The background image replacement and open/close option on the Chatbox are the only customisations we've made to the vanilla Invision code (specifically to avoid this exact outcome for forum software upgrades) so it stands to reason that the issue is related.

Can members let me know if the posting is still laggy in Safari on iPhone, iPad and Mac?

I'm posting this in Safari on Mac and it seems to be ok from here, but I want feedback from members to confirm.

The foreground disappearing on fast scrolling persists and I'm unsure of the iPhone /  iPad user experience, so please let us know what's going on at your end.

7 hours ago, refresh said:

Can members let me know if the posting is still laggy in Safari on iPhone, iPad and Mac?

I'm posting this in Safari on Mac and it seems to be ok from here, but I want feedback from members to confirm.

The foreground disappearing on fast scrolling persists and I'm unsure of the iPhone /  iPad user experience, so please let us know what's going on at your end.

Testing on my Iphone6 right now.

Safari and Chrome is still lagging with foreground dissapearing.

Ryan worked on a fix last night. It's much better on Mac Safari, but I'm still feeling some lag.

Buzzard posted a workaround - click the + sign to the left of Quote on any thread post. For whatever reason that seems to clean up scrolling and posting. Not sure why, it's just part of the magic of teh interwebs, I'll speak with Ryan today.

Don't know if this is related to the overhaul but Tapatalk isn't giving me any notifications (likes, replies etc) - anyone else getting this?

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

• 3 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Philc2001 said:

What ever happened to the trade feedback or trade comments? I don't see it in my profile any more.

I need to run another upgrade for it as we've just rolled out another security patch for the forum software. I'll get to it as soon as possible.

32 minutes ago, Philc2001 said:

What ever happened to the trade feedback or trade comments? I don't see it in my profile any more.

Thanks for bring that one up!  Went to leave feedback the other day, to no avail.