Stopwatch: Corona Gorda

Before illness got in the way  we did the mareva. This weekend we will do the Corona Gorda.  I am feeling more than up for it :spotlight:

This weekend, lets try a little experiment in order to gauge where we all sit in terms of how fast we smoke a cigar. 

This is not a contest....it is not how quickly you smoke it ....or how slowly (Marko Bilic will think I am cutting into his World Slow Smoking gig :D)

I am amazed at the different amount of time that cigar lovers take to get through the same cigar. 

So this weekend, pick a Corona Gorda (if in doubt www.cubancigarwebsite.com is your friend) 

Time it.  From lighting to just below the band or wherever you are comfortable in that region. 

Post a photo and your time. Into the draw for a little sampler drawn Tuesday :ok:

...do a review of the cigar at the same time....and receive an extra ticket in the draw!

To post a review start a new thread:

Example. 

Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure number 1 : Stopwatch Corona Gorda Review. 

Post your time on this thread (and on the review thread if doing a review). 

We will collate the data from all Stopwatch checks upon completion of the series. 

Again.....you are doing this for science!

Have a cracker weekend! :spotlight:

Rob

Stopwatch.JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fuzz said:

Hmm, do i choose a Siglo IV, Punch Punch, RA Superiores or RGCE?

Maybe Ken can do a stopwatch on a Monte C? Do stopwatches measure in nanoseconds? :lol:

You had better call Ken to let him know........he won't be able to read this until until mid september :thumbsup:

22 hours ago, Doctorossi said:

I take it we should leave our 'time' threads in 'the water hole' and our review threads in the 'text reviews' section...?

Put them all here (Water hole) to begin with. It makes it easier for the comp and we will move the reviews across upon completion. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Just smoked a Juan Lopez Seleccion no.1. Lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes. It was a tad under-filled and went out a couple of times. Tasted pretty good though, all the way to the nub. So glad I discovered JL.

• Like 1

Cubancigarwebsite is my friend! Was thinking of smoking my last RA Extras for this, then verified it is not a corona gorda. Good news is I get to keep aging it. Bad news is I've looked and am currently lacking any corona gordas.

If I could simply stop stocking up on my tried and true favorites, maybe I could get a box/cab of CGs! (Maybe in a few months when I smoke enough to make some room).

IMG_3241.thumb.JPG.c6949f505580d5d227c30250d0194af3.JPGIMG_3242.thumb.JPG.a56c04894ccdae4a702cdf08014142c5.JPG

last punch punch from my 2014 box. Great cigar. Put it down around 1:20 as I kinda rushed the first half and it got a bit harsh toward the end. One more 2014 box before I tap into a 2016 cab. Looking forward to the cab as I've heard good things about the 2016 punch punch, but that's still a few years off. 

Gave it a go..
Punch RS11 2006
Clocked in at 51m10s
Last smoke of the day, in garage watching rains starting again.
Will time another in the morning - bet time will vary a good bit.1b8cc50191dbab80a1f007e42ed5daff.jpg635b198acebaf8aa6e95abf072abfcb2.jpg

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Smoked a second Punch RS11 this morning with coffee. Enjoy my first of day at 5AM.
This ten year old went 69m 10s but I must admit- had to practice real patience to get the extended time.
Cheers BUD

Smoked a second Punch RS11 this morning with coffee. Enjoy my first of day at 5AM.
This ten year old went 69m 10s but I must admit- had to practice real patience to get the extended time.
Cheers BUD

Oops pictureb5f1ba209be7b851438d08a197105531.jpg