So cool at the time.....You had to have one.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always wanted a Redline BMX (I got a Kuwahara)      

Ah, the fascinations of youth. My dad made me wait till I was 16 to get one, which really sucked since my uncle invented it and all my cousins had one.   

Oh I remember when every kid (me included) wanted a "Rambo"-knife.

Some that come to mind....

Swatches...like to have the different ones when released

Skateboards...loved saving my money to go buy the latest and greatest Powell Peralta

Baseball Cards....what a waste of money but fun at the time trading them w friends

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrGinger said:

I always wanted a Redline BMX (I got a Kuwahara)  

 

 

Redline bmx.jpg

 

7 hours ago, ErikB said:

A BMX . But a normal bike with a number 9 on the steering wheel was as far as I got


Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I got a 1986 Mongoose from my parents for Xmas. Still have it in the garage, hanging on the wall.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OB1 said:

This for me:

8066306e7b7430d32c0e97a8d36d0e36.jpg

Never did get one... but I did get this:

fcb031ffb3af2cecf9883b23422d1a95.jpg

Oh snap! I had both of those! Loved playing Lock 'n Chase on the Intellivision (though my bro kept beating me) and Wizard of Wor on the C64.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was little, my dad owned a summer camp on an island near Huntsville, Ontario, about 2.5 hours north of Toronto on a lake called Kawagama. This was one of the boats that took campers back and forth. It was called "The Queen II".

Lady beside it is my glamour Aunt from Montreal.

Oh. Yeah.

IMG_0176.JPG

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Bartolomeo said:

Some that come to mind....

Swatches...like to have the different ones when released

Skateboards...loved saving my money to go buy the latest and greatest Powell Peralta

Baseball Cards....what a waste of money but fun at the time trading them w friends

 

Ryan I'm going to guess you are in your early 40's as am I.  You described my junior high and early high school years.  I had Tony Hawk's, Lance Mountain's and Steve Caballero's decks.  Had close to a dozen Swatches (unfortunately stolen) and wasted all my allowance on now worthless cards from the late 80s to early 90's.  If you have looked at baseball cards now the cost and values would shock you.  It's no longer a hobby for kids.  

18 hours ago, MrGinger said:

I always wanted a Redline BMX (I got a Kuwahara)  

 

 

Redline bmx.jpg

I had a Hutch Pro Rider and always wanted a Sky Way.  A nieghbor already had a Redline and me getting one would have led to accusations that I was "copying" him.  That was perhaps the most dreaded label imaginable in junior high! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fuzz said:

Oh snap! I had both of those! Loved playing Lock 'n Chase on the Intellivision (though my bro kept beating me) and Wizard of Wor on the C64.

@Fuzz Did you ever have the game "Utopia" for your Intellivision?  The game had two islands and the players built competing islands with infrastructure and competed against each other to build the better island.  My neighbor and I would save up our money for the final rounds to send armies of rebels over to each others islands to destroy them.  Good times! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of bikes. '87 Fisher Hoo KooE Koo,  I wish I had mine, seems to be a bit of a collectors item. Love the rear brake under the chain stay.

e9e4bd1d40e08f2a.JPG

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SignalJoe said:

Ryan I'm going to guess you are in your early 40's as am I.  You described my junior high and early high school years.  I had Tony Hawk's, Lance Mountain's and Steve Caballero's decks.  Had close to a dozen Swatches (unfortunately stolen) and wasted all my allowance on now worthless cards from the late 80s to early 90's.  If you have looked at baseball cards now the cost and values would shock you.  It's no longer a hobby for kids.  

I had a Hutch Pro Rider and always wanted a Sky Way.  A nieghbor already had a Redline and me getting one would have led to accusations that I was "copying" him.  That was perhaps the most dreaded label imaginable in junior high! 

Yep, 42 :)

raced BMX at Armadillo Downs in Houston, skateboarded outside San Francisco, baseball cards collecting was in Cali too

#goodtimes

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SignalJoe said:

@Fuzz Did you ever have the game "Utopia" for your Intellivision?  The game had two islands and the players built competing islands with infrastructure and competed against each other to build the better island.  My neighbor and I would save up our money for the final rounds to send armies of rebels over to each others islands to destroy them.  Good times! 

Unfortunately, no. I had Lock 'N Chase, Tron Discs, Frogger, Zaxxon, Pitfall!, Q*Bert & Empire Strikes Back (I was really good at taking out the AT-AT flashing spot).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Gawd, I wanted a gold chain....   20" large link bad-ass chain!!   I would have looked SO cool!! 
 
And now I'm so glad I never got one....  
:wink2:

With the rise in gold prices, atleast it would have made a good investment.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted a pair of these and a Redline BMX too. Ended up making my own BMX by adding parts to a dragster. A pair of Tange forks and a gooseneck with moto cross handle bars and nobbly tires and  hey presto - BMX.

NIKE-AIR-HUARACHE-1.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, toofargone said:

Remember these for the Commodore 64? Put a tape in, start it loading, go make lunch and a cup of tea and come back an hour or so later...

tape.thumb.jpg.2fd59b0cae19a5bee1d7e30b71595f8d.jpg

I had a dark grey one, but then I upgrade to the Excelarator+Plus disk drive! No clunky Commodore 1541 drive for me!

excelerator-800x600.jpg.6a58181d906697da0e020f1ad1ce553b.jpg

And I upgrade my C64 with a new case and installed a reset button. I have my C64 boxed up somewhere at home. Might dig it out and take a pic. Unfortunately, I no longer have any controllers that work, All of them died playing Summer Games (bloody 100m sprint).

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Unfortunately, I no longer have any controllers that work, All of them died playing Summer Games (bloody 100m sprint).
 
 

The secret pro tip was to use the controllers from the Atari 2600 which fit and were basically indestructible.

We literally played M.U.L.E several thousand times - well into the 90s, my friends and I. Best computer game ever.
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:


The secret pro tip was to use the controllers from the Atari 2600 which fit and were basically indestructible.

We literally played M.U.L.E several thousand times - well into the 90s, my friends and I. Best computer game ever.

Dammit! I burned through at least 7 controllers. Why didn't I read this in any of the gamer mags back then?!

Link to post
Share on other sites


We literally played M.U.L.E several thousand times - well into the 90s, my friends and I. Best computer game ever.


I still go and listen to the MULE music every once in a while. :)

It was the best game ever. So many memories.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Remember these for the Commodore 64? Put a tape in, start it loading, go make lunch and a cup of tea and come back an hour or so later...
tape.thumb.jpg.2fd59b0cae19a5bee1d7e30b71595f8d.jpg


I used to dream about getting a datasette. Never could afford it... then finally got the slim 1541 and life became so good!
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.