Partagas Culebras - Gimmick or Good?

Only had them a few times and usually when there are three guys together. Each time they have been excellent. Almost feel like having one myself now that you brought it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Never had a bad one. Along with the Short, Presidentes and Lusitanias these are the only Partagas I like.

If you are expecting PSP2 or PSD4, stay away. PSP2 is far lighter and tasteless imo, and the D4 is very hit and miss but also not in the same league as the peppery Culebras. Yum!

Guest gorob23
54 minutes ago, Corylax18 said:

BOTH!

Its been less than a year since I tried my first, but I can confirm that they smoke well. If you like the spicier/stronger side of Partagas, I would recommend trying one. 

Well said. Another vote for this. 

Never experienced bad draws on these. I guess some 10 years ago they were machine made though?

Anyways, I like them a lot, you're not paying all that much extra for the gimmick part and the Partagas earth and spice is definitely there. Nice thing to share (or not..).

Bloody excellent cigar. Packed full of flavor, great draw too. Only (minor) downside is that they are a very quick smoke. Probably because they are packed pretty light as a result of needing to be twisted etc.

I like the little coffins they come in. Good to give as a gift to close friends.

• Like 2

Have they ever shown up on 24:24? I know the *****int store has them cos I almost got some on the last voucher.

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

• Like 2

Another devotee of the Culebras here.  According to MRN, they are a unique blend to that cigar.  I wish they made a straight version of the same cigar.  Maybe someone in Cuba has got some before they were twisted?  They are gimmick, but a good one that you must try!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, encephalization said:

I guess some 10 years ago they were machine made though?

It was more than 10 years, and the tripa corta model wasn't good. At this time people purchased them only for the gimmick, not for the taste.

The Culebras were the first habanos my Dad allowed me to smoke; Nice memories of my older brother, my father and me, with a cup of coffee, just after the chocolate mousse ending Sunday's family lunch…

• Like 4

It was more than 10 years, and the tripa corta model wasn't good. At this time people purchased them only for the gimmick, not for the taste.
The Culebras were the first habanos my Dad allowed me to smoke; Nice memories of my older brother, my father and me, with a cup of coffee, just after the chocolate mousse ending Sunday's family lunch…
Yes according to CCW it was around 2005.

Good memories, hope you still enjoy them as much (or more perhaps?).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Been getting into some of the Partagas in a big way. I used to only buy Shorts, but have now expanded into the surprisingly-good Aristocrats and masterful Presidentes. Haven't ever really cared much for the Lusis or any of the "Serie" line.

Might be time to give these a go? I like me some skinnies!!!

14 hours ago, encephalization said:

Yes according to CCW it was around 2005.

Good memories, hope you still enjoy them as much (or more perhaps?).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

They were presented different than the later ones.  I only had the machine made ones once and even those weren't bad at the time.

My girlfriend got me a box of Culebras for my birthday like 9 years ago and I have one every year on that day.  I need another box as I would like to smoke them more often!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BrightonCorgi said:

They were presented different than the later ones.  I only had the machine made ones once and even those weren't bad at the time.

My girlfriend got me a box of Culebras for my birthday like 9 years ago and I have one every year on that day.  I need another box as I would like to smoke them more often!

Also, I guess that this years' will be the last of the box eh?!