Partagas Culebras - Gimmick or Good?

6 hours ago, encephalization said:

Also, I guess that this years' will be the last of the box eh?!

Yes, I was guessing on the year she gave them to me, but I am down to only a few.  She inscribed the inside of a box with a birthday note, which makes all the more sentimental...

On 9/3/2017 at 5:24 AM, Akela3rd said:

Have they ever shown up on 24:24? I know the *****int store has them cos I almost got some on the last voucher.

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

Haven't seen any on 24:24. The box I bought was from the Aus store. But they are now sold out :(

2 hours ago, retrofail said:

Great thread! I've also wondered about these. Still don't get how they draw so well but plugged straight sticks are almost commonplace. I guess they're just underfilled? 

Yes they're underfilled on purpose. If you compare with any corona (the closest size) they're much lighter.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2017 at 5:24 AM, Akela3rd said:

Have they ever shown up on 24:24? I know the *****int store has them cos I almost got some on the last voucher.

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

48 minutes ago, Luca said:

Haven't seen any on 24:24. The box I bought was from the Aus store. But they are now sold out :(

Been a while since Culebras appeared on the 24:24. Last time was some aged stock in Oct 2016 and Oct 2015. Prior to that, it was June 2015 for 2013/14 production.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Do we know anything about the blend? Someone just mentioned second hand that the tobacco is the same as used for grand reserva but not aged.

Had my first last month. Which had a boxed date of April 18. So 5 months old. Was very nice if not very very strong tasting. Would have mellowed out very nicely I'd guess over the years!

C'mon, who had the secrets and the truth?

If anyone knows of any aged stock. Let us know!

Cheers,
B.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

In terms of taste, people are generally surprised on the upside.  :thumbsup:

Medium bodied at best. I find them to me light to mid.  Gran Reserva? ...no. :D  more:  Connie 1 "ish" but a shade lighter on the palate. 

• Like 1