Hurricane Irma

Saint-Martin and Saint-Barth totally devasted. No tap water, not electricity, no communications.

According to the Préfet de Guadeloupe 60 to 70% of housing is destroyed, while the President of Territorial Council estimates that Saint-Martin is destroyed to 90%. All public buidings are unusable, collective reception of victims is impossible, etc.

I hear that the situation is even worse in the small island of Barbuda, North of Antigua.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rather than worry about "price and quality of cc production" ... I would first be concerned about the people of Cuba !!! They have precious little to begin with .   derrek

Those things aren't mutually exclusive nor the order of priority determined by a blog post to a cigar forum.  

That is hardly "all I'm worried about."  

27 minutes ago, KnightsAnole said:

I'm riding it out in Fort Lauderdale. You know it's serious cause I've been smoking some of my prized cigars. bring it Fat Irma. The human spirit is stronger than any storm. May god watch out over us all. 

ditto here in fll.  like me, you probably live west of Federal as broward county has issued manadatory evacuation for the coastline/east of Federal.

right now projections have the eye closest to us for sunday around noon.

not a shill, but this site i found looks great for monitoring:

https://www.windy.com/

• Like 1

Friends, and all who are in this monster's path, I wish you all the best and hope you stay safe. God bless us all, and keep this hurricane out over the ocean.

We're just putting up the last set of shutters here in Ft. Lauderdale, and stocking up our water, then we're going to take a rest. Tomorrow I'll check on our nearest shelter. Our home is situated right in the exact path of Irma, just below the "2PM Sunday" dot on the NOAA track. We are 16 miles inland, so we're not too concerned about flooding, but the sheer size of this hurricane and the wind velocity it is packing are staggering to put it mildly. 

If the storm actually follows this predicted path, this will likely top hurricane Harvey's damage toll. Hurricane Andrew was bad, but it cut across the sate. Hurricane Wilma, which we suffered through in our current home, was a direct hit to us but only a category 2; just was a walk in the park compared to Irma. 

Be safe friends and all. 

image.thumb.png.1eb83cf5574dd81fc5648e7fac01ffee.png

• Sad 1

Godspeed to all in Irma's path.    The size of this storm is scary.   Even here in Atlanta forecast is calling for tropical storm winds from Irma on Tues.  morning.   Irma is a BMF'r. 

The latest, according to the NYTimes...

"The eye of the storm was expected to move just north of Cuba and the central Bahamas for the rest of Friday and Saturday, according to the National Hurricane Center.

Irma was predicted to dump 10 to 15 inches of rain on northern Cuba, with some areas seeing as much as 20 inches. The storm passed Baracoa, a town near Cuba’s eastern tip, on Friday morning, but wrought less havoc there than was expected. Cuban state media reported winds of about 90 m.p.h. and said waves towered over the city’s breakwater, causing localized flooding."

On 9/7/2017 at 5:40 AM, Smallclub said:

Saint-Martin and Saint-Barth totally devasted. No tap water, not electricity, no communications.

According to the Préfet de Guadeloupe 60 to 70% of housing is destroyed, while the President of Territorial Council estimates that Saint-Martin is destroyed to 90%. All public buidings are unusable, collective reception of victims is impossible, etc.

I hear that the situation is even worse in the small island of Barbuda, North of Antigua.

And they're about to get slammed with Hurricane Jose...Just terrible with thousands of people out there with no protection, nor any way to escape, since 90% of the structures are presently rubble from Irma. .

21 hours ago, boopdeep said:

Still recovering from Harvey here. 

I get anxiety thinking about those in the path. 

Godspeed. 

Ditto. Be safe, South Florida, and everyone in its path. This storm is bad news.

It looks like Cuba has been getting pounded.  Prayers for all the Cuban people as well as those on the smaller islands hit earlier and those about to feel the wrath.

I could care less about what happens to the tobacco except that it will hurt those who make their living from growing the tobacco we all crave so much.  Tobacco can be planted again, a lost life cannot.  

Prayers for everyone!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, vladdraq said:

Cayo Coco, Guillermo, Santa Maria are all gone under 4feet of water. They causeway is broken in 3 parts. So sad...

Where are you finding info? I have been looking but can't find anything