Irma Call Out over the weekend.

I've moved away, but mom and dad are right in the storm path.   We've never left during anynstorm since 1969, and this was no exception for Pop. They're getting on in years so a little worried about them. Expect they'll be fine, but dad can no longer lift the plywood to board up the house any more.   He tried, but had to give up and mom says it took all he had to put the board back so the wond didn't get a chance to pick them up.   Hoping they weather the storm okay. Not much I can do from here....

• Like 2

Here in Sarasota, FL.  Have mandatory evacuation order in effect now for our zone near the ICW.  Hope it stays to the east - would be wonderful if it were to miraculously hook back into the Atlantic, but not gonna happen.  Went through Charlie in Orlando, but Irma is another animal - one to be taken seriously.  Boarded up and sandbagged.  Stocked on water, flashlights, batteries and beer.  Rains already starting with two days to go!   Prayers go out to those in the Caribbean islands and now, Cuba.  

In Pinellas county, city of Seminole. We're two miles from the beach but we're on the ridge so no evac. Pretty nasty looking storm, not looking forward to the days without power for sure, but concerned. Mom is in the hospital, which happens to be riiiight on the bay, so. A little worried there, but we really didn't have any opportunity to prep her house. Hoping she'll have a house to come back to.

10 hours ago, clickbangdoh said:

In Pinellas county, city of Seminole. We're two miles from the beach but we're on the ridge so no evac. Pretty nasty looking storm, not looking forward to the days without power for sure, but concerned. Mom is in the hospital, which happens to be riiiight on the bay, so. A little worried there, but we really didn't have any opportunity to prep her house. Hoping she'll have a house to come back to.

I'm in Pinellas right next to you then; I'm next to Bardmoor. I work at Morton plant and Bayfront. Staying for the storm also, boarded up- more worried about storm surge as I live next to the lake. Morton plant activated disaster code and forcing employees to be in house, Bayfront hasn't yet as far as I know. Fingers crossed for us as it oooks like the eye will come rougher across our region.

• Like 1

Up in Pensacola here with several families evacuating our way.  If anyone needs assistance and is coming this way give us a shout.  Good luck everyone.

I'll be riding out this storm at home in Sarasota.  I've been through many hurricanes, but never anything like Irma.  Wind speeds in my area are estimated to be 120 - 130mph (193 - 209kph) with a storm surge of 10 - 15 feet (3 - 4.5 meters).  I'm at an elevation that should keep me about 8 feet (2.4 meters) above the storm surge.  However, the wind speed definitely concerns me.  

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Irma's path.  Stay as safe as possible.    

Hurricane ready with a little humor.  Sand patch was 3 yards of sand we brought in for our neighborhood association.  Went pretty quick!  Since yesterday AM, filled hundreds of sandbags, boarded up and moved neighbor's outdoor furniture.  Had 8 pieces of pizza, 4 beers(so far), plenty of ibuprofen and 25-30 cups of water.  Beat to he'll - lots of work for an old cat!  Under mandatory evacuation in our zone (12 ft above sea level).  Locating to friends' home in higher elevation area.  Funny that weather forecast I see or clear, calm, sunny skies come Tuesday!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

Palm beach here. 9:07 pm on Friday night smoke an upmann mag 50. 

All calm for the the time being. Little rain and wind. 

Reach out if anyone around this county needs assistance. Stay safe. 

Yes, our thoughts and prayers are with you all from the other side of the world. If you can, please update us in regards to your welfare wjen possible. (There are) Reports of the storm hitting Northern Cuba this morning on our local news in Australia, it's such a big and devastating storm, this one!

My best bud is on Siesta Key. They are calling now for 6-10 ft surge. His condo is on the gulf but he has a 3rd floor condo .My other dear friend is in Naples in Lely area. They are now calling for 12 ft surge well inland. That is some scary stuff. She is a nurse and is at the hospital getting prepared. Her beautiful house may not be there when she gets done helping. Prayers to all in the path. Stay safe.

On 9/9/2017 at 9:00 AM, Newkarian said:

Up in Pensacola here with several families evacuating our way.  If anyone needs assistance and is coming this way give us a shout.  Good luck everyone.

Got my dad out of Lecanto and they are in Pesacola presently as well. Im gonna be flying in Tuesday and traveling with my dad and a friend who rescued him on Wed am back to the area. Hard to imagine the devastation I will experience. 

I just got the first e-mail from Havana an hour ago. They were without communications since 11:00pm CST last night. There is much damage to trees and some structures but it seems like Havana dodged a bullet. The people there were very frightened with all the wind and the rain but at least my friends there are all in good health.