Irma Call Out over the weekend.

The eye is past us, but backside is whipping us good.

We're ok though, but lost power 4+ hours ago and cable/internet 7 hrs ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Power came back late last night to a third of the neighborhood - ironically, the east end of the hood is still dark just 1 house east of us, and along the entire street behind us. The Internet came back just about 30 minutes ago, but we still have no running water, I had to bathe in the pool in pitch dark about an hour ago, but fortunately the water hasn't turned green yet, although it was darn cold. Fortunately we kept our fridge/freezer cold on the generator until the power returned, so we still have cold drinking water and some food to eat.  

We lost a couple of trees, maybe a couple of roof tiles, but no leaks. Vegetation throughout the neighborhood is trashed, some huge trees are down and blocking traffic, a few lamp posts are down, no street lights or traffic lights working for miles around, no restaurants or grocery stores open. Emergency vehicle sirens have been going by every few minutes. I spotted 4 or 5 air evac choppers throughout the day headed to Memorial West hospital just a mile west from us.

The damage from Irma was not as severe as we saw with Wilma, but Irma lasted way longer than Wilma did. We started getting TS force winds around 10:00am and they picked up in intensity with gusts up to 120mph until about 5:00pm. We lost cable/internet around 11:00am, and then we lost power around 2:30pm. By 8:00pm Irma had slid past us heading north, so I started the generator to save our food in the Fridge. Winds were diminished but still somewhat intense at 12:30am when I went to bed. 

I hope everyone faired as well or better than we did. I think we got lucky this storm went a little further west than predicted. I saw on the news a few minutes ago that Naples recorded 142mph wind at the height of the storm, but word is the Keys had 10-12 foot storm surge and they were totally under water. I fear for those poor folks.   

• 2 weeks later...

Power back on last Tuesday - just got cable back tonite.  Missing what happened everywhere else.  Ready to get back to following college football and ML Baseball!