Your first ever box buy?

Your first ever box buy?

It was a big day wasn't it. Maybe you thought about it for months....then again maybe it was an impulse buy. 

You have had singles here and there but you were ready for that first box. 

What was it? Why? When? B)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My first box was a box of R y J Clarines in September 2001 in Marrakaech duty free, on the way back from our honeymoon. I think the box code was 1998, I still have the empty box somewhere. It was an i

Like it was yesterday; the rest have been a blur...

My first was a box of Monte #4 from Czar, a long, long time ago. Just got word that there was some cigar-peddler in Australia that was supposed to be trustworthy (even though possibly a communist

My first was a box of Monte #4 from Czar, a long, long time ago.

Just got word that there was some cigar-peddler in Australia that was supposed to be trustworthy (even though possibly a communist)... :D

Still my number one source for Cuban Cigars! :2thumbs:

• Haha 2

My first box was a box of R y J Clarines in September 2001 in Marrakaech duty free, on the way back from our honeymoon. I think the box code was 1998, I still have the empty box somewhere. It was an impulse buy in the duty free, they were about $30US for the box of 25. I had been buying a few loose RyJ tubos every now and then for about 10 years before that.

I smoked the last two of them about 10 years ago with my father in law, not long before he died.

• Like 3

My first box order was;

Partagas - Serie P No.2 - 10

Hoyo de Monterrey - Epicure Especial - 10

Romeo Y Julieta - Wide Churchills - 10

Partagas - Serie D No.4 - 10

Romeo Y Julieta - Short Churchills - 10

H.Upmann - Magnum 50 - 10

A box of Monte 2s on the day my son was born in 2009. Staggered across the street from the hospital, deliriously happy, bought the box and started handing them out to every male well-wisher over the next 2 days.

Still have 6 sticks left.

I had muddled through for a decade previously on singles and the odd box split, so it was a life-changing day in more ways than one.

• Like 1

Waited far too long. 

H.U. Mag 46, AUB OCT 2012

Bought in July 2013. 

Ass kicking in the first year but developed in one of my best box after 2-3 years. 

After half of the box was gone I reduced to 2 cigars per year to experience the development which is fantastic. 

Smoking from another box which is following that one. 

3rd ....... 

1997 purchased a box of Bolivar Belicoso Finos in London....HEAVEN!  Didn't know what the hell I was doing, kept them out on my desk but surprisingly they did not dry out.  Loved those babies.

First Cuban box I ever bought, I bought 2 boxes. RYJ Romeo 2 10 box (Tubos), and a Monte 4 10 box. The RYJs were a mid 90s box and the Monte 4s were a 1999 box. The one big thing I remember well was smoking one
of the RYJs at the driving range and feeling not very good. I gave a bunch of them away! Probably would love them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk