Your first ever box buy?

I'm pretty sure it was a box of Partagas 898. Bandless from France, of all places.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My first box was a box of R y J Clarines in September 2001 in Marrakaech duty free, on the way back from our honeymoon. I think the box code was 1998, I still have the empty box somewhere. It was an i

Like it was yesterday; the rest have been a blur...

My first was a box of Monte #4 from Czar, a long, long time ago. Just got word that there was some cigar-peddler in Australia that was supposed to be trustworthy (even though possibly a communist

First box ever was JR Ultimate Coronas, in the Spring of 1997, bought in NYC - still have one... maybe I should smoke it to celebrate its 20th anniversary.

First Cuban box was Monecristo #4 in the Summer of 1997.  It was a beautiful box and I smoked it all during that Summer.

A box of Partagas Serie D #4 back in 2006. I had just smoked my first CC several weeks prior while overseas. They were way better than the non-CCs I had in my little desktop humi at home and I was thrilled by them. Bought some BRCs and CoRo shortly after. 

Took a long break from cigars for reasons unknown between 2008-2016. Friend gave me a RASS about a year ago and it rekindled my hobby. I'm back big time now. 

• Like 1

Bolivar royal coronas back in April. They keep getting better and better!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

My first box was three boxes; RyJ 2, MC4 and BRC at a duty free store in Macedonia, 2006.  I had always wanted to try smoking cigars and found myself in Nuremburg Germany.  After months of purchasing singles I bought a large desktop and took the plunge.  

Very sentimental and nostalgic as it was my stag/bachelor party vacation.

3 boxes bought on 16th August 2014 in Barcelona.

Trinidad Reyes AGR SEP10

Trinidad Robusto T - the infamous GLP MAR10 (remember me posting about this Mario box code? :covereyes: )

Por Larrañaga Secretos (Edición Regional España) LOE SEP13

One left of the Robo T - damn wish I had picked up multiple boxes had I known what I know now...everything else gifted or in ashes.

I remember these boxes were an extremely strategic purchase - after having found FoH for the very reason of researching what to get and Cuban Cigar Website I decided on the 3 above.

Removed bands and swapped for NC boxes for the fear of losing on the way in. Never removed any other bands since that day.

• Like 2

First ever full Cuban box was Monte #2.  They were pretty good of the truck and are now sitting in the humidor waiting on some aging.  These were purchased to give my groomsmen something for the wedding and it's one of my favorite cigars to date.

• Like 1

Guest Nekhyludov

My first box was a blind buy of a dress box of Parti Shorts in 1998. Those were the best thing going for the little money I could afford, since I was in college at the time. $107 shipped, and they would all fit in the little desktop humidor I had back then. 

Unfortunately, Shorts have never been as good since in my experience.

A box of Unicos from Carlos at 5th y 16th. He autographed the box without my asking, and then he posed for photo's with my wife & I, so it was a just another great memory of that trip. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Hutch said:

First box was a box of Arturo Fuente Cuban Coronas...1996 or so. First box of <authentic> Cuban cigars  was a box of Monte4s in ‘98.

That’s funny...my very first box was Arturo Fuente Cuban Belicosos, about 3 years ago. It provided a good learning experience on the changes in taste with time - they had a very offensive youthful taste at first, but by the time I got to the last one in a little over a year, they were quite pleasant.

First box of CC’s was Cohiba Robusto, shortly after having my first CC of the same.

• Like 1

I think my first box of at least (25) cigars was of Partagas Shorts. I'd heard nothing but good things about them, so thought they'd likely be a good bet. They still are one of my favorite cigars.