Your first ever box buy?

My first box purchase was a 10 count of PSD4 and a 3x5 count of Monte 2's. I remember frantically checking the tracking and opening the box upon arrival was as memorable as any Christmas I had as a kid. Smoked one of each pretty much ROTT and I was hooked. I still have one of each of those cigars left and for whatever reason i cannot bring myself to smoke them, good thing i restocked on each so its not too much of a problem! 

• Like 1

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My first box was a box of R y J Clarines in September 2001 in Marrakaech duty free, on the way back from our honeymoon. I think the box code was 1998, I still have the empty box somewhere. It was an i

Like it was yesterday; the rest have been a blur...

My first was a box of Monte #4 from Czar, a long, long time ago. Just got word that there was some cigar-peddler in Australia that was supposed to be trustworthy (even though possibly a communist

A 10 of RyJ No.2 tubos from one of the Greek islands, can't recall which or the year for that matter. I wasn't big into cigars then. Second box was the same from Geneva duty free a couple of years later and they were all plugged which prompted my mother to suggest the use of a darning needle cos that's what her dad used.

Thunder & Lightening '75-'15

My first box of cigars, period,  was a box of Oliva Series G robustos back in 2006. They were/are a highly regarded cigar with a really fair price.  Bought them with my first humidor.

First box of Cubans was abox of Serie D No. 4s back in 2009 or so. The D4 was a cigar I really loved smoking when I'd had the chance to buy singles while traveling when I was a new smoker.  Though i still enjoy Partagas sometimes,  I've discovered I really prefer the sweeter flavor profiles of other marcas

My first box was bought during one of my first trips to Cuba in 2005 was a box of 10 Guantanamera. :wacko: What is left is aging nicely. :liar:

Now I know a lot more and wouldn't even go near them.

My first FOH box was HU Mag 50. Now those are ageing real nice!

11 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Bolivar Royal Coronas, 1997.

... that's funny!!! Mine too. Don't remember the year.

How are you brother?

Cheers! -R

Edited by PigFish
I assumed this was Cuban cigars... Boxes bought before were, lets say, less than cigars!!!

A pre 1998 box of Erdm choix supreme. Saved up money working in the kitchens at 18. I must of been quite a strange teenager. I had a single in a mixed bag and was taken with them, so stupidly bought a box. I don't recall looking after them all too well. And became side tracked with yellow acetate bundles of jlp cazzies that I loved.

First Cuban single:  RyJ Churchill circa 1980.

First Cuban Box: Partagas Habaneros '82 or '83 (?).  Still have the box, which has long since been serving a higher purpose--storage of loose Double A batteries.  I'll have to check and translate the old code to confirm the timeframe.

First box was HdM Double Coronas while on a trip to Mexico in 2005 or so.

I was so concerned about fakes I bought 2 singles,   smoked them,  knew they were authentic,  and went back several days later and bought a box.

Wish I still had some from that box,   but gone long ago,  and enjoyed. 

Circa 2006, first buy was from Cigar Czar (remember that company?). I'm betting it was Monte #4 or #2. Way too many nights since then! 

First box period was probably some Phillies from a gas station prior to a round of golf over a decade ago.

First box of Cubans was a 2014 box of BPC a littler over 2 years ago.  Have purchased close to 200 boxes of Cubans since. I may have a problem....with storage ??

A box of "Piconegro" cigars (Corona No.1) purchased from the roller when visiting him in his "fabrica" in Tenerife back in the 90s (still got the box and a couple of sticks... :D).

Around 2005...Siglo II's through the mail- opened the box and it smelled like a trip to the barnyard!  I thought I had been had, 'til someone on line explained to me that's what a good box of Cohibas can smell like.   I can still call up that moment in my mind's eye (and nose).

HdM Epi 2 about 12 years ago.

I was gifted a single at a golfing event, and was the best CC's I had ever had ( very little experience at the time).

When I decided to buy a box of cigars instead of singles, the first site I checked had the Epi 2's on sale.  I HAD to

make them my first box purchase.