Your first ever box buy?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My first box was a box of R y J Clarines in September 2001 in Marrakaech duty free, on the way back from our honeymoon. I think the box code was 1998, I still have the empty box somewhere. It was an i

Like it was yesterday; the rest have been a blur...

My first was a box of Monte #4 from Czar, a long, long time ago. Just got word that there was some cigar-peddler in Australia that was supposed to be trustworthy (even though possibly a communist

Monte Petit Edmundos felt in love with them 2008.... at times they treat you badly ...can be irrational and very unforgiving... all that said when you have an amazing PSP box... the past previous imperfections ...easy enough to see past them...I just love them.... Might have one right now

First box ever was Padron 64s back around 199

fitst box of cubans was a box of wonderful Monte 2s from a friend back around 2000. Dark red wrappers oily and barnyard to the max. Still remember how much better than all my many NCs

My first full box of CC's was RyJ Wide Churchill.

Why? Why not :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting on those things to settle down into a smokable stick. Mid 16 date code, been in the humidor since March of 17. 

The ones (3) I have tried had a nasty, almost soapy flavor to them. I'm assuming they are just "sick" as I have seen described here and there, and that a year or two will solve that problem.

It's OK. I'm a patient man (so I keep trying to convince myself).

A box of ERDM Demi Tasse

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 10/2/2017 at 4:59 AM, JoeyGunz said:

My first box order was;

Partagas - Serie P No.2 - 10

Hoyo de Monterrey - Epicure Especial - 10

Romeo Y Julieta - Wide Churchills - 10

Partagas - Serie D No.4 - 10

Romeo Y Julieta - Short Churchills - 10

H.Upmann - Magnum 50 - 10

just curious, of the cigars listed, what is your fav to least fav?

My first box of CCs was about 10 years ago. Montecristo Edmundos. Remember sharing them with my friend and we were blown away. Until then I had only smoked NCs save for one box.

Think of this, my first CC ever was a Cohiba Espléndidos. My cousin went to Cuba and brought me back 3 boxes of Espléndidos. That's not the punchline. I sold one for $250 and my brother sold the other for $200 back in 2003. We didn't own a humidor at the time so we knew we had to rip thru those puppies. We smoked about 3/4 of the box fresh but at least 3 or 4 of those stix dried out something horrible on us and went to waste. Shortly after that I ran out and bought a humidor and started taking it a lil more seriously. I look back and want to kick myself. Not for wasting the 4 stix... But for having sold the other two boxes for peanuts basically. Live. Learn. I appreciate my stix and my humidor so much these days. We're lucky to be able to share in this hobby and to have the expendable $$$ to enjoy the finest it has to offer.

Happy smoking gents!

I guess if we add follies of our youth and NCs, it might have been a box of Philly Titans that we hoodlum teens put some money together to buy.

Yes embarrassing, but we were 13 or 14 and you just needed a stogie while bass fishing with the Ugly Stick.

Kids do strange things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first was an outstanding box of 5 EL Cohiba, came in a nice glass top box as well. Purchased circa 2013 by a nice mobile cigar salesman on a beautiful Mexican Beach.:blink:

$20 later and a bit smarter (I guess) first CC box was a dress box of RASS, based on research/reviews on many forums and message boards. First NC box was a box of Ashton VSG Illusion. 

-Shake

First box bought when I lived in San Diego, should have been around June 1996, and it was a 10-count Hoyo De Monterrey Sultans Maduro. Big, black stick, typically a n00b stick I think.

Never had one again since I finished that box. :-)