Your first ever box buy?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My first box was a box of R y J Clarines in September 2001 in Marrakaech duty free, on the way back from our honeymoon. I think the box code was 1998, I still have the empty box somewhere. It was an i

Like it was yesterday; the rest have been a blur...

My first was a box of Monte #4 from Czar, a long, long time ago. Just got word that there was some cigar-peddler in Australia that was supposed to be trustworthy (even though possibly a communist

On 10/2/2017 at 5:59 AM, ShortFatHokie said:

I don't remember exactly which was first but it was either Bolivar Petite Corona or SLR Regios.  I'll have to go check my records on that.

1- SLR Regios (GAT May13)

2- Monte No. 4 (ESO Ene14)

3- SCdLH El Principe (AME Dic12)

Not sure why I thought I bought Boli PCs first, or even second...getting old...

Though they were purchased over the course of the 3 day honeymoon to Havana that my wife and I went on just a couple of months ago at the end of August, I'm going to lump them all together as one purchase.

Came back with:

Box of HDM Palmas Extras

Box of PSD4

5x5 of Trinidad Reyes

Box of Bolivar Tubos #3 for my wife to hand out to coworkers

Box of HDM Epicure De Luxe

Box of RASS

Box of HUHC

All of which resulted in us having to buy a Newair CC-300 for storing/aging, as well as me finding this forum and me purchasing a box of SLR Regios from a 24:24 thread which are due to be delivered next tuesday....

• Like 1

Haven't responded as yet because frankly I can't recall... 20+ years smoking and the little bit of senility?

Bought my first cigars around 1993, believe the first ever box was a cheapy from JR in the late '90s, remember getting a box shortly thereafter of CAO Anniversario Maduro before Padron filed infringement, first release VSG. Other odd and ended NC.

First CC box was most likely Bolivar PC cab around 2000, bought tons of those early on and until they dropped them....plenty of the FPG NISU Trini Fundadores too.

Man, I miss those days when the mind was sharp and palate fresh.

First box has to be Cohiba Siglo IV 2006 back in 2008. Paid a ridiculous amount like $240 CAD. I still have 12 sticks left, haha. The last one i smoke was last year. Oh wow, it was soooo smooth. It took the cigar 10 years to age properly.

I think i will smoke another one soon. Just not sure when. ;)

I actually still got them. One PSD4 (MUL JUL 14) and a RASS (MUR OCT13)
f9a4e467a091f0e9a0097ab7bdd11019.jpg
Kind of robust looking wrappers on the RASS, but damn they're still oily AF. Looks like they've been sprayed down with babyoil.
dc1c203546e3e42576bd90b75540db6b.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Got money to get bumped from a flight and bought a 50 Cab of punch DC’s 1994 and was hooked.  Was hell for a while getting any quality until my friends and I happened onto a wonky Australian site featuring a crazy old liquor critic commentator with dramatic descriptions of the Cigars and pictures of every cigar resting on top of a glass of cognac.  We would take turns ordering thinking we were spreading the risk kinda like cigar roulette.  Only reason we ordered was because of “Rob’s Picks” which were always outstanding.  We would just order a box each of rob’s picks.  The author would always make fun of him but we knew better... and still do :)