Canadians bringing back over our "limit? And other questions for all***update****...

BellevilleMXZ

We are going to Cuba for a week  end of Nov. We are staying at Sanctuary At Grand Memories Varadero. , and plan on spending a full day in Havana. Plan is for sure to hit hotel nacional , and a few others, and grab a few customs from them.

One, if only a day there, where to go as far as cigars? Maybe top 3 places? Where should we not miss?

And two, any Canadian friends, what sort of luck have you had bringing back over our limit? Flying in and out of Toronto.Wife is petrified we are going to get pinched in customs coming back. As per our rules we are allowed only 50 each. Seems a shame only to only bring back 50 each. I have seem some pics of HUGE hauls, but most seemed like US folks. This has turned to a sticking point between us, as I want to bring back more than that.

I guess if customs are cheap, and only had to pay on them it might not hurt as much? Or is it a non-issue in you're experience? Have been many times before, but have always been right at 100 for the 2 of us. This has been on my mind for weeks, and starting to stress about it.....lol

Thanks for any and all info anyone can add, I have searched , but its hard to get info, as many on here don't list where they are from, so that makes it hard.

If anyone doesn't want to post here, please feel free to PM

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

if you are only spending you will likely have time to spend in Habana Vieja.

I would go to the LCDH at the casa de las Artesania (near where the bus should drop you off) and check out the selection there. It’s a hidden gem IMO and Alexis who runs the place knows his stuff. Don’t buy right away so you don’t have to carry the bag all day...  Then hit the LCDH at Hotel Conde de Villanueva, grab a custom and check out the selection as well. Reynaldo’s blend is often really good and well rolled. Finally check out the Partagas store, just in case... that’s what I would do in a day.  Others may have different opinions.

Enjoy!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:38 PM, treberty said:

Hi,

if you are only spending you will likely have time to spend in Habana Vieja.

I would go to the LCDH at the casa de las Artesania (near where the bus should drop you off) and check out the selection there. It’s a hidden gem IMO and Alexis who runs the place knows his stuff. Don’t buy right away so you don’t have to carry the bag all day...  Then hit the LCDH at Hotel Conde de Villanueva, grab a custom and check out the selection as well. Reynaldo’s blend is often really good and well rolled. Finally check out the Partagas store, just in case... that’s what I would do in a day.  Others may have different opinions.

Enjoy!

Thanks!!!!

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:43 PM, bundwallah said:

Please PM reponses to the OP on how to deal with bringing more than DF allows.  I'll delete anything that touches on that subject publicly.  Otherwise, where to shop is fine.

Thanks.

Don't get me wrong I'm not talking about sneaking any in....just interested in experience of bring say 200 home. I don't want to spend 2 hrs stuck in customs

10 hours ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

Don't get me wrong I'm not talking about sneaking any in....just interested in experience of bring say 200 home. I don't want to spend 2 hrs stuck in customs

That's fine. I just prefer that you find out via PM.  Everyone has "snuck" more than their allotment at least once.  No judgement there.

• 1 month later...

Just an update for anyone one interested.......brought back a total of 164 between the wife an I. Limit is 100. Got sent to secondary( where u would pay on the extra/and/or get searched)

Agent asked what we were over on, as on the card you only check "over" on alcohol/tobacco. Told him, and he says, " ah is that all? Get going...." then kind of chuckles  , and says" unless you want to pay??" Actually had a sense of humour. Thanked  him and off we went! Hopefully goes like that next time:ph34r::lol:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just an update for anyone one interested.......brought back a total of 164 between the wife an I. Limit is 100. Got sent to secondary( where u would pay on the extra/and/or get searched)
Agent asked what we were over on, as on the card you only check "over" on alcohol/tobacco. Told him, and he says, " ah is that all? Get going...." then kind of chuckles  , and says" unless you want to pay??" Actually had a sense of humour. Thanked  him and off we went! Hopefully goes like that next time
Good work

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk