The Lost Art of Tobacco, Weekend Review: Partagas Seleccion Privada #1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2017 at 8:25 PM, PigFish said:

59da6f0bf3577_2017-10-0810_02_56.thumb.jpg.0ca11c47c6a7948ed7c8df6056f9814b.jpg59da6f120e299_2017-10-0809_52_02.thumb.jpg.bc059db7f387960e6e1a474ca1505d01.jpg

Pretty sure that is my last of these!

The QdO I believe is from Rob's buddy Wal. I used to smoke a lot of the QdO GC's but as they disappeared I looked for other cigars. Like many, I did not decry a deletion here or there, it was not until that they started to kill everything in the catalog that I considered good, that I became a real Tabacuba hater!

I have some funny stories about the Punch... I HATE THESE CIGARS... -LOL I dislike them so much that I gave all that I had away, typically to those that begged for them as I dislike them so much I would tell people that I thought that they were so bad that they could be fake... -LOL That is Cuban cigars for you. You see, I did not start picking on their QC just last year...!

I am pretty sure that is my last one. Good riddance. I keep it for the hell of it.

Old RA's, that is another story... Still have a couple of cabs of those!

-R

• Like 1

On 10/9/2017 at 8:25 AM, PigFish said:

I have some funny stories about the Punch... I HATE THESE CIGARS... -LOL I dislike them so much that I gave all that I had away, typically to those that begged for them as I dislike them so much I would tell people that I thought that they were so bad that they could be fake... -LOL That is Cuban cigars for you. You see, I did not start picking on their QC just last year...!

I am pretty sure that is my last one. Good riddance. I keep it for the hell of it.

Old RA's, that is another story... Still have a couple of cabs of those!

-R

Ray, I still have about three (or four) of the Partagás Selección Privada No. 1 cigars left from a box many years old - and am reluctant to touch them, because they are an absolutely fantastic cigar.  Regrettably, I was overly generous and gave too many away to folk who, it seems, didn't appreciate the jewels that they now had.  The draw in the ones I was fortunate to enjoy was a bit on the tight side, but it encouraged an explosion of flavours.  In this instance, it is literally true: they don't make 'em like that any more!

It's interesting what you say about Punch, because this brand has never really appealed to me, although I don't hate it.

Many thanks for a classic review!