Thinking about box pass for new members

Chance's box pass was handled very well. I probably should not have gotten into that one because I didn't have the quality of cigars that were in the pass and he was more than happy to help me come up with a workable trade.

He would be a great asset here. Thanks again Chance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So just an update we are waiting for the origional pass to finish.  In the mean time my sons first part of his surgery is tomorrow (they put grids in the brain) and the surgical resection is on Thursd

I am thinking about starting a box pass for new members.  The amazing box pass going on now has sticks I could only dream of having.  That being said if anyone is interested in having one and might no

I would be in. Hosted a Newbie pass over on the USA Forum last year and it went pretty well...still have the rules. @wertman PM me your email address and I will send them along, if nothing else it wi

This sounds like fun. I've done some other box passes (from other, not to be named places, lol) and they're always a blast. Count me in if you have space.

I would be in. Hosted a Newbie pass over on the USA Forum last year and it went pretty well...still have the rules. @wertman PM me your email address and I will send them along, if nothing else it will be an interesting read...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Sounds like this could be turning into a newbie/vet pass, that's great!

Yeah wonderful I think we could have non Cuban cigars as well.  I mean it would have to be non-Cuban for non-Cuban.  But i am sure some member would wanna try other sticks.  I'm really excited about all the interest.  I think I will be using @zeedubbya rules from his last box pass last year.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I'm CSquared.

I just recently joined, but if you'd be willing to have me, I'd be very interested. I just made my newbie intro post HERE . I'm new to FOH, and recently returned to the hobby after ~10 years out of it, but I'm not new to the camaraderie of the online communities or the world of habanos.

I used to do box passes in the early days of the CA forums. Smoked my first "El Dentes" from one of those box passes. :P (anyone here remember those???) They were always a lot of fun and I made some really fun friendships.

Being only recently returned to the hobby, I don't have much with a lot of age on it. I have had my eye on a few aged boxes though... Those listings on the other box pass thread had me wistful for the days when I had a stocked humidor with aging stock buried so far beneath my daily smokes, that I wasn't even thinking of smoking them. That being the case - a newbie-oriented box pass sounds like a lot of fun. I'd like to get a chance to get to know some of the other members/put myself out there in the community, share a few of the really nice sticks I DO have, and try some stuff that would be new to me!

I'm happy to undergo whatever vetting you see fit, if you're willing to consider a complete newbie to the forum, such as myself.

Thanks,

CSquared

• Like 1

I don't understand the details of the concept but sounds like fun in general I have been here actively since Feb but investors over splitting boxes with a member for years so I don't think I would qualify as new

This sounds great. no chance I'd be able to match up with the sticks in the current pass. I'd be interested for sure but my collection is pretty small as this has been the first year of hopefully many years in the hobby

3 minutes ago, Dellasmg said:

This sounds great. no chance I'd be able to match up with the sticks in the current pass. I'd be interested for sure but my collection is pretty small as this has been the first year of hopefully many years in the hobby

I think that’d be the idea. This pass would be a more approachable stable of sticks. I certainly don’t have the aged or rare stock  needed to trade in the other pass either. Maybe one day!

13 hours ago, Wertman said:

So we have 24 people looking for maybe one senior member that would like to join and help out maybe @PigFish?  He's bad ass that's why i am singling him out or @mkz?  I would appreciate it.

... thanks man, it is an honor to be mentioned in context here.

Guys, I am just not a 'box pass' guy! Chris and I are fast friends and I did not take 'officially enter' his pass either. Frankly, I got enjoyment over just following it along.

If you asked my customers, they would tell you I almost always leave something out of a box (humidor stuff) when I ship something. I would likely drop a bag of cigars off a table, not see them, forget them and foul the whole damn thing up...! -LOL OR, with my luck, the box would be delivered at 8pm and the raccoons would get to it before I did...

I very much appreciate the special invite, really, very thoughtful. The passes, bombs and trades have never really been much my thing!

When I look down your list and see people like Chris and Mike, Zaney (who is a newer friend of mine) you have got plenty of "bad ass" for any box pass...!

Cheers all! -Ray

14 hours ago, Wertman said:

So we have 24 people looking for maybe one senior member that would like to join and help out maybe @PigFish?  He's bad ass that's why i am singling him out or @mkz?  I would appreciate it.

Thanks for the honorable mention. I just think a box pass would be hard for me to join since I'm located in Sweden. :D

Lol Sweden is kinda far.  Lol I did not realize that.  Piggy no problem I understand and appreciate you answering back. I think we now have everyone that was interested I will start reaching out to everyone getting addresses.  When the first box pass is done we will start this one up.  Can't wait pretty excited to see how this transforms.

• Like 2