What should I buy next?

Hi Friends,

I've been into cigars for about ten years now, and I was into CCs from the very beginning. Only recently, though, do I now have the means to begin some serious collecting. To that end, I've been working the past few months to build my collection. Below is a list of the marcas and vitolas that I have so far.

What do you recommend that I add to the collection next? I have to say that I really like every marca I've tried, so don't limit your recommendations to any particular brand. For me, theres a time and a place for every cigar.

I appreciate your help!

shaffer22

The list (so far):

• Bolivar Belicosos Finos
  • Bolivar Royal Corona
  • Bolivar Coronas Junior
  • Cohiba Siglo II
  • Cohiba Robusto
  • H. Upmann Royal Robusto
  • H. Upmann Sir Winston
  • H. Upmann No. 2
  • H. Upmann Magnum 50
  • Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2
  • Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure Especial
  • Montecristo No. 1
  • Montecristo Double Edmundo
  • Montecristo No. 2
  • Montecristo No. 4
  • Montecristo Petit Edmundo
  • Partagas Serie D No. 4
  • Partagas Shorts
  • Partagas Serie E No. 2
  • Partagas Mille Fleurs
  • Partagas Lusitania
  • Por Larranaga Petit Corona
  • Por Larranaga Montecarlo
  • Punch Punch
  • Quai D'Orsay Coronas Claro
  • Ramon Allones Specially Selected
  • Ramon Allones Club Allones
  • Romeo y Julieta Mille Fleurs
  • Romeo y Julieta Cazadores
  • Saint Luis Rey Regios
  • San Cristobal de la Habana El Principe
  • San Cristobal de la Habana La Punta
  • Trinidad Reyes
  • Vegas Robaina Famosos
  • Vegas Robaina Unicos

I would second the call for some DCs. It’s hard to go wrong with a Lusitania. Alternatively the montecristo especial or especial no.2 are some of my favourites and definitely worth a look. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Nekhyludov said:

IMO, you need some churchills and DCs. There aren't many left. Get 'em while you can. 

Thanks! Will be on the lookout :D.

14 minutes ago, David88 said:

I would second the call for some DCs. It’s hard to go wrong with a Lusitania. Alternatively the montecristo especial or especial no.2 are some of my favourites and definitely worth a look. 

Lusitanias had been on my list. But I wasn't familiar with these two Montes. Added to the list! Thank you.

I know the general feeling towards double banded cigars but I would recommend Ramón Allones Club Allones Edicion Limitada 2015 and the Romeo y Julieta Capuletos Edicion Limitada 2016, both being reasonably priced, especially the Ramon Allones, and neither is that hard to come buy.

5 minutes ago, Cubadust said:

I know the general feeling towards double banded cigars but I would recommend Ramón Allones Club Allones Edicion Limitada 2015 and the Romeo y Julieta Capuletos Edicion Limitada 2016, both being reasonably priced, especially the Ramon Allones, and neither is that hard to come buy.

I actually already have a box of the Club Allones! Got them from a 24:24 a few weeks back. I haven’t tried the Capuletos, though. Adding to the list. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, shaffer22 said:

I actually already have a box of the Club Allones! Got them from a 24:24 a few weeks back. I haven’t tried the Capuletos, though. Adding to the list. Thanks!

Oh sorry, I missed that. And I read your list three times...

5 minutes ago, Cubadust said:

Oh sorry, I missed that. And I read your list three times...

Ha no worries! It’s a long (and growing) list. 

I'd suggest buying depending on what's good production coming out of Cuba at any given moment.

As you say you haven't got any particular strong preferences, and given you are already fairly broad-based, I'd really take it from there and you'll be served well. Buy what's good and buy good value when on sale.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the recommendations so far! You all are such a wonderful resource. I really appreciate it. Let’s hope that the 24:24 gods will smile down on me and bring me some of these beauties. 

6 minutes ago, Weaponiz'd1 said:

A doghouse. You'll soon be in it:P

Well, unless you're wife is like mine. Unicorn farts and all!

I’m single!

While the single life has its downsides, an unlimited-sized humidor is not one of them. :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, rguinn said:

Have you tried the Fonseca #1’s? Highly recommended if not. I picked up a box on 24:24 a few weeks ago (2015) and they are outstanding. 

I have not--added to the list!