Salutations from virginia!

cfc1016

Hello all,

I'm Colin - aka C-Squared. I started smoking in 1995. Popped my cherry with an ashton corona. Within a year I lucked into a friendship with a wonderful guy named Tommy who had effectively turned his house into a giant walk-in. He exposed me to my first habanos in 1996. It was a hoyo DC from 1991. Yup. Those were the good ol' NIVEL-ACUSO days. That cigar blew my mind and pretty much ruined me for ncs forever.

I got to share my passion for habanos with Tommy for years, thankfully. He was a great friend and incredibly generous, always sharing from his ridiculously abundant collection with me. Through him, I fell in love with the old partagas 8-9-8s above all others. We got to enjoy the advent of siglos together.

After a few years and the blossoming of the web and the predecessors to BBcode, I became active on the CA forums (wogga was my handle back in those days) and made a few good friends through there. I even flew to Texas for one of their weddings! One of my fonder memories from the early 2000's was a trip to the middle of nowhere pennsylvania for a herf. A fellow forum member - a jewelery designer - owned this crazy property that had apparently been used as a bordello and sold on foreclosure after being seized from the racketeers who ran the untoward establishment. You can't imagine much more opulent a destination for a herf. That was quite a memorable experience. Loren - if you've somehow miraculously found your way here - THANK YOU for that!

But I digress. Around 2004 or so, my recently regrettable addiction to cigarettes had pretty much ruined my palate. I ended up no longer being able to appreciate a good cigar and I fell out of the hobby. In 2014, I finally quit the evil cigarettes. Now, 3 plus years later, I can finally properly taste again. I reached out to that friend whose wedding I flew to, he put me in touch with a supplier, and I was back in like I had never been gone.

It's crazy coming back to the world of habanos after having smoked for 10 years, then been completely removed for another 10. A good few of the vitolas I once knew and loved seem to have been discontinued or changed drastically. A great many new ones have been introduced. It's like I'm an old hand yet simultaneously a complete newbie. It's a wonderful and delicious journey so far. I'm glad to be back and hope to make some more new friends.

Thanks,

CSquared

Most people who started in around 1995 time frame do get introduced to good Cigars with Ashton. The next level Habanos is definitely a game changer. Don’t worry Colin, the legendary Hoyo De Monterrey- Double Coronas has not changed it’s still a classic!! I had one the other day and I don’t care what[mention=29491]@Hopduro[/mention] says it’s still my favorite Hoyo.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people who started in around 1995 time frame do get introduced to good Cigars with Ashton. The next level Habanos is definitely a game changer. Don’t worry Colin, the legendary Hoyo De Monterrey- Double Coronas has not changed it’s still a classic!! I had one the other day and I don’t care what[mention=29491]@Hopduro[/mention] says it’s still my favorite Hoyo.

Welcome to the forum!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's still a little loopy from all the nicotine, don't listen to a word he says

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1