A very nice find. Por larranaga Cabinet

Yep sold in the UK. I was desperate to buy but couldn't justify it. Lovely piece. And I'm not sure one this big will be seen In the auctions for a long time. Big respect to whoever gutsed it out. Can't remember the hammer price. But it was a bargain.

I am trying to imagine that thing full.  At my current rate of smoking, about 1 a week, it would take me just over 192 years to smoke through the contents. At 1 a day, it's still 27 years worth of cigars!

• 2 weeks later...

Nice example, with some of the cigars still inside. Not mine. I have a BIG Partagas Cabinet, sadly photos I have are crap, but it is in Amir's Partagas book.

John, myself few others in UK, have been buying these as and when we can. Some are in great original condition, some need work.

Keith.

IMG_1294.jpg

IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Coloniales said:

Nice example,

Thanks for this Keith, great pictures.  

Do you think these would have been shipped on their back?? seems a bit brutal these guys having to be on their feet for the voyage.

Also, with the care of cigars being a bit more low-fi back then, do you think buyers would of performed cabinet splits? with some of the huge cabinets, the initial excitement of the delivery, surely would of been quickly followed by a bit of an overwhelming pressure to get through them before they turned to cardboard