Any other weekend mechanics/collectors/gear heads?

10 minutes ago, zappaFREAK said:

2010 v10 bmw m6 convertible 

BA7467C9-2BE0-4754-917D-3A371A429A7E.jpeg

Sexy Beamer!

10 minutes ago, madandana said:

I'm not much of a gear head although I did just get this 2000 TJ for driving on the beach in Texas where we winter.IMG_0465.thumb.JPG.efcfb9829d0e49e8dbf1333a6e89f466.JPG

Nice TJ! 

Budweiser Sport edition. ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Built this sucker from the ground up as a weekend play toy. Sadly, I sold this shortly after I got married. Honestly, I might have spent more time working on it than driving it. I trailered it home 5hrs and as soon as I got it off the trailer, the rear differential blew up. My second day owning the Jeep i was crawling around a junk yard. That pretty much sums Jeep ownership up (when you play hard on them). I did have a ton of fun in it though. 

Jeep.jpg.6bc712c7d02f084868daf7a632193c5d.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, retrofail said:

Sexy Beamer!

Nice TJ! 

Budweiser Sport edition. ?

Yes, The Dale Jr addition. You can barely make out his signature under the Budweiser sticker.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SloppyJ said:

Built this sucker from the ground up as a weekend play toy. Sadly, I sold this shortly after I got married. Honestly, I might have spent more time working on it than driving it. I trailered it home 5hrs and as soon as I got it off the trailer, the rear differential blew up. My second day owning the Jeep i was crawling around a junk yard. That pretty much sums Jeep ownership up (when you play hard on them). I did have a ton of fun in it though. 

Absolutely true...spend way more time tinkering/fixing than driving. But that’s a lot of the fun. For me anyway. 

6 hours ago, retrofail said:

Absolutely true...spend way more time tinkering/fixing than driving. But that’s a lot of the fun. For me anyway. 

Oh man I have so many great stories. You just can't kill those old straight 6's. One night I sunk it in a creek. I'm talking my passenger was out on the hood because water was up to the seats. We got a tow back to camp and tried to sleep some of it off. Woke up in the morning and bummed a ride to the nearest auto store to get some new oil and plugs. Pulled the old ones and turned the engine over to shoot all of the water out of it. After new oil and new plugs, we drove her all the way home with no issues. After a complete flush of all the fluids, she was back up and running like nothing happened.  

But yes, working on it taught me a ton about vehicles and 4x4's. Hopefully I'll get to build up another one with my son one day.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Frozen North said:

I used to build 1/4 mile drag cars for a hobby. Here is the last one I’ve done. Started out as an $800.00 junker. No hood, drivers door, trunk lid, engine, tranny or diff. 

ACB472CD-B1D7-40A4-A484-C0FB94CBEAAA.jpeg

Those don't look like safe winter tires...:wink2:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SloppyJ said:

Oh man I have so many great stories. You just can't kill those old straight 6's. One night I sunk it in a creek. I'm talking my passenger was out on the hood because water was up to the seats. We got a tow back to camp and tried to sleep some of it off. Woke up in the morning and bummed a ride to the nearest auto store to get some new oil and plugs. Pulled the old ones and turned the engine over to shoot all of the water out of it. After new oil and new plugs, we drove her all the way home with no issues. After a complete flush of all the fluids, she was back up and running like nothing happened.  

But yes, working on it taught me a ton about vehicles and 4x4's. Hopefully I'll get to build up another one with my son one day.

This is my first Jeep. Grew up tinkering on high school hot rods and V8 monsters. I’ve quickly learned Jeeps are the easiest things work on and simplicity abound. But also the most frustrating as nothing fits correctly and everything rattles! 

• Like 1

Here is what I am currently working on. Had low compression in two cylinders. I'll let you all come to your own conclusion on the cause. I have a new head being shipped out. I will be pulling out the current motor from the car as well and breaking it down. It dropped a cylinder too. Need to find the cause which could he from clogged injectors. dc0155c701698fe70ef33588b1dc1bc8.jpgbf23ce0eac713c62c1a096f2ad0c7ee1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, CrankYanker said:

Here is what I am currently working on. Had low compression in two cylinders. I'll let you all come to your own conclusion on the cause. I have a new head being shipped out. I will be pulling out the current motor from the car as well and breaking it down. It dropped a cylinder too. Need to find the cause which could he from clogged injectors. dc0155c701698fe70ef33588b1dc1bc8.jpgbf23ce0eac713c62c1a096f2ad0c7ee1.jpg

Yikes!!

Is that the m20?

10 hours ago, CrankYanker said:

Here are two cars that I enjoy tinkering with. First is a 1995 Subaru L that we did a 3.3L SVX swap to. Currently it is broken down to the shell to rebuild. Second is a 1989 BMW 325i that has a stock m20 in it. Both cars have seen a lot of race tracks in their lives. From Watkins Glen to COTA and all the way to Laguna Seca7dd9c1c9c8794692b545eb0ff89bab95.jpg

Love the e30, I have an e46 and an F32 myself, unfortunately neither have ever seen a track

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cfc1016 said:

Need pics of the gundog...

This is my oldest and he’s a great dog but he has some health issues and is slowing down.  He runs big and fast and has a great motor.  He’s always finding the next covey but will run over single birds because he moves so fast.

DE26DC97-DE79-4938-9E11-4922EFB2852A.jpeg

This is my female and she likes to work close and slow.  They make a great pair because she picks up singles that he would run over and is also really good at finding those dispersed birds after a covey breaks. 

DF01AA11-06A4-4FF8-A126-8B312B0EC14B.png

• Like 2

Been working weekends at Duffee Motorsports for about 5 years.   Always have a personal project going as well.  Currenly rebuilding and modernizing (to a small degree) the engine/trans for my '37 Plymouth coupe. Anxious to get it back on the road.