Cohiba Talisman – Global Launch

Hunters and Frankau launch the Cohiba Talisman later tonight in London (Corinthia Hotel) 

I know we have a few members attending, post up a photo or two and let us know what you think of the cigar. 

They should be available to ourselves over the next month. Once I know pricing and volumes I will post it up. No need for waiting lists as I understand that quantities will be sufficient if we put  multi box limits in. 

Will it fly or will it fizzle?  Is price even relevant on these for the market targeted?  I suspect they will fly almost regardless of price. 

So, if you are at the big party, give us an update......and pass on my best to Foxy, Ajay, Mike and crew :D

• Like 3

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UK retail is around 600 pounds or so I was told. The word is that there is no shortage of buyers lining up.  I try to keep in in perspective. In the main I drink $22 wines. However I will splurge

Here’s one, but I️ believe these were what they called “pre release” on Instagram from some guy called “the don” Quality on them was ... weird. Looked like fuente anejo wrappers

These will fly regardless of price, the format is far more approachable (IMO) that the CRS.

Pricing scares me a lot.

Hearing reports from a friend at the event tonight, they all received x2 Talisman (one in a presentation box) and the other to smoke, a 1966, Media Siglo and packet of Shorts. Dalmore was there an copious cocktails from the sounds of it :lol:

Initial reports of it being a mild cigar and a lot of white pepper. Catching up with Mike next week on the island so will ask him his thoughts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alloy said:

Got this off of half wheel.

54x61/2 Canonazo Doble

10 count SLB

$86.32 per stick

Waaaaaaaayyyyy to rich for my blood. But they will probably be snapped up like hotcakes.

WHAAATTTTTT!!!!!

3 hours ago, alloy said:

Got this off of half wheel.

54x61/2 Canonazo Doble

10 count SLB

$86.32 per stick

Waaaaaaaayyyyy to rich for my blood. But they will probably be snapped up like hotcakes.

More expensive than UK? Hard to believe. Well, as a mater of fact hard to believe people will pay anything similar to that.

This is will be the first cigar that will be a pleasure NOT to smoke.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, oliverdst said:

More expensive than UK? Hard to believe. Well, as a mater of fact hard to believe people will pay anything similar to that.

Till you smoke one and then want a box 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, oliverdst said:

On the other site, it said 65 euro or pounds per stick in the UK. Can't decipher the symbol. But it said it was equivalent to $86.32 per stick. So Prez, how much is 600 pounds in US dollars?

1 hour ago, Eric05 said:

Till you smoke one and then want a box 

no, I will pass this one. I am a rebel. This will be my revenge against HSA! :rotfl:

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

UK retail is around 600 pounds or so I was told. The word is that there is no shortage of buyers lining up. 

I try to keep in in perspective. In the main I drink $22 wines. However I will splurge once in awhile on a case of $100 wine because I love it. My father thinks that I am mad and that his 4 litre cask red  at $20 is the best wine in the world. I am not going to argue with him. 

It has been already announced by some vendors: 575 GBP if pre ordered. Later will be, I guess, 625 GBP.

I totally agree with you AND your father: value perspective is something individual. Period.

Not having one Talisman will be my personal revenge :wink2:

45 minutes ago, alloy said:

On the other site, it said 65 euro or pounds per stick in the UK. Can't decipher the symbol. But it said it was equivalent to $86.32 per stick. So Prez, how much is 600 pounds in US dollars?

Pounds. 

Now I understand, they just converted 65 GBP to USD.

Apparently these debuted with pigtail caps, much to the surprise of some in attendance (box code BHK54 EFF UP). :spotlight:

What did the "pre-release" aka fakes or stolen ones have?

12 hours ago, El Presidente said:

I am interested to see the box code of the cigars released tonight......specifically if it matches the box code of those Talisman being purchased pre-release which HSA deems as fakes:innocent:

I wasn't at the party but I'm hearing UAO JUL 17, TEO AUG 17 and BRE AUG 17. There may be others.

Interestingly, I saw the picture of the bottom of a box posted on Facebook about 2 weeks ago from somebody who bought them somewhere.... with a code of UAO JUL 17.

Prices in the UK from 575 pounds to 650 pounds for a box of 10, apart from one or two outliers mentioned above.. 

• Like 1