Sparkles on cigar

I bought a box of RASS from a recent 24:24 from our host and I decided to take a look at them today. But when I opened the box, I noticed a shimmer and glittering on the cigars and the cedar between the layers. I'm curious as to what this is. Any thoughts? I took a little video, hopefully it posts.

20171118_164835.mp4

Edited by mrmessy
Autocorrect

@mrmessy

I'm not sure what you mean by dinner, but I did see the "flashing" on the cigar. The video was pretty short but I was reminded of looking at fresh dew. Perhaps there was a rapid change in temp when you opened the box causing some condensation (?). 

Another possibility is that @WarriorPrincess sprinkled some of her special fairy dust on your cigars. If that's the case I will trade boxes with you.

• Haha 1

I've seen this on my JLS2. It's like gold glitter. Not sure what it is, but it doesn't seem to affect the cigar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

Sorry, dinner was supposed to be shimmer. Maybe autocorrect knew what time it was... :rolleyes:

It did seem more like fairy dust. It was on the bottom row of cigars as well. It's dry too. Couldn't rub it off. 

I swear I haven't taken them to a gentleman's club either. 

The cigars do look amazing. Dark wrappers, nice sheen, great construction.

Overall, I'm just curious as I've never seen this before.

Thanks for everyone's input!

2 hours ago, mrmessy said:

I would believe it was from the band, but it's not gold in color and it's everywhere. :confused:

Eureka!  That leaves plume.  

(or you're lying about divorce dust from the gentlemen's club).  :unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mrmessy said:

Seems too young to be plume. I'll revisit them today and double check the color. If they are from the band, that would be the most logical explanation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Definitely too young.  My alchemist friends tell me plume starts out as as 24k gold flakes, then over time in just the right conditions, it transforms into diamonds, then into the mythical crystalline substance known as plume.  It is the rarest substance in the universe after an actual Cuban Cigar sold on a Mexican beach.

The search continues. . . 

12-reasons-yukon-cornelius-is-the-most-badass-chr-1-375-1387568393-13_big.jpg

(Mr. Messy, it's a tease.  I see you're pretty new here, so to keep you from being excluded from the joke, the overwhelming consensus is that there's no such thing as plume.  You will see the "mould reports" posted in this forum that seem to confirm the sceptics' belief). 

• Like 2

I recently bought a box of La Punta and have the same thing - both on the cigars and cedar sheet. I presume it's crystal formation during the fermentation process of sugar in tobacco leaves. However, I don't know anything about the science behind it, just a guess based on stuff I have read over the years.

Definitely too young.  My alchemist friends tell me plume starts out as as 24k gold flakes, then over time in just the right conditions, it transforms into diamonds, then into the mythical crystalline substance known as plume.  It is the rarest substance in the universe after an actual Cuban Cigar sold on a Mexican beach.

The search continues. . . 

12-reasons-yukon-cornelius-is-the-most-badass-chr-1-375-1387568393-13_big.jpg

(Mr. Messy, it's a tease.  I see you're pretty new here, so to keep you from being excluded from the joke, the overwhelming consensus is that there's no such thing as plume.  You will see the "mould reports" posted in this forum that seem to confirm the sceptics' belief). 
Ha, thanks. I've seen the posts and read up as good as any celebrity stalker. It's just perplexing that the band could cause it. But i see no other explanation at this point that makes sense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

[mention=31260]mrmessy[/mention]

Another possibility is that [mention=2005]WarriorPrincess[/mention] sprinkled some of her special fairy dust on your cigars. If that's the case I will trade boxes with you.

Box split?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

• Like 1