Desktop Top (ish) end Humidors

Hey all.  A wife of a friend of mine wants to get him a good desktop humidor of at least 100 count.  This guy likes the finer things in life and so cost is not a huge issue.  I don't mean unlimited but more than the 50-100$ desktops on Amazon is no issue.  Having written that, if you know of a really good quality one that looks sharp and doesn't break the bank, that is also good!

Cheers!

B

Diamond crown, or email Daniel Marshall for their private stock list. They have "seconds" that are sold much cheaper than msrp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oliverdst said:

"finer things in life", "$50-$100" and humidor do not match.

You will not find good ones at this price range, just regular stuff and I am afraid not 100ct.

That's why he sad "MORE than the 50-100$ desktops on Amazon is NO ISSUE".

+1 on the Daniel Marshall humidors. They look amazing! But not sure if they would be readily available in Singapore...

• Like 1

I'm a Quality Imports Tuscany kind of guy.  I like the 100 ct size and the construction and humidity hold work great for me.  Any bigger or more blingly and I find they hold humidity less.  Glass panels are the devil!  So are drawers and other things that might not seal as well.  I have a bunch of them, and I keep NC with Boveda 69 and CC with Boveda 65.  They stack very nicely too.

• Like 2

All wood desktop humidors have a fair bit of variability in their ability to hold moisture, so our personal experiences are not a very good guide.  The first desktop humidor I was given came from Cheaphumidors.com and it holds moisture like it's been hermetically sealed.  Go figure.  Go online and pick what looks good and cross your fingers.  It will most likely work out.  The world is full of good woodworkers trying to make a buck and a lot of that flows into humidor construction.  If you want a sure thing, spend $500 -$1,000 on a Daniel Marshall, but if the budget is $150 you can easily get a small chest style humidor for that.  It will be beautiful and it will hold 100 cigars and with any luck it will hold humidity such that you won't be changing your Bovedas every month. :cigar: 

• Like 1

Hey, guys thanks loads for all these links provided here!  I'm finding some doozies here as far as really tempting selections to consider for myself!  :thumbsup:

Consider the Adorini Deluxe range. Certainly not "high-end" but very decent mid-range.

I don't have one of these but I've seen a few close up and they are very well put together. They have a great seal.

Those "ribs" they use on the interior of the deluxe range are a nice idea for air-flow and for holding the movable dividers, the labels are a nice touch too.

https://www.humidordiscount.com/adorini-santiago-deluxe-humidor#guide

Video review here of the one with the slate exterior, but the interior will be the same.

• Like 1

My best humidor advice always involves Boveda.  To me that's revolutionized and solved so many humidity problems.  Instead of blindly pumping humidity into a box and creating peaks and valleys, they have brought stability regardless of the container, though their longevity, IMO, depends on the container.  You can buy a poorly sealed box and have to replace Boveda monthly or a good one and replace in 4 months sometimes longer.

The "ribs" in the humidor definitely seems like a new trend.  I too think it would be great for airflow.  I just worry about fragile wrappers because the ribs don't seem very smooth.  I'll have to get up close with one of these and feel it.

• Like 1

I have Adorini Prato and Adorini Habana deluxe. Those are really good humidors but bigger.

Adorini Humidors are reliable, but not super pricey like elie blue. If money is not important than buy elie blue. It is only expensive for poor people

• Like 1

On 11/30/2017 at 1:21 PM, Homer said:

Expensive and amazingly well built. A few humidipaks with 150 cigars has easily lasted a year plus.