Newbie Box PASS 2017/2018

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, puts and takes.... takes: La Fuerza TOS DIC 15 Upmann PC PET DIC 16 Upmann No 2 LUB OCT 14 RASCC AME JUL 13 puts: Boli CE (50 cab) POS

Santiago and I having a smoke and handing off the box. I’m the handsome one in case you’re wondering. Will have puts/takes later today. 

Alright gentlemen I have received the box at the house where my humidor is currently located.  I am in the middle of relocating and it is a flaming pain in the ass.  No chore on God's green earth is m

And it starts.  I have sent off the package to @SignalJoe he should have it by 3pm tomorrow.  I did include a extra Cohiba Corona Esp for Gene since he is the first to get the box.  Now for the bad news.....  I was so excited to mail everything and pack it all up I took not one darn picture can you believe that. All of the cigars are packed away with some nice packing peanuts and nice and secure.  All right guys here goes nothing.  To the next 4-5 months.....

I have bought tons and never had any seized. And I'm well aware it doesn't make it exempt when marked as gift.  If done right, and only shipped across the border once( then to all Canadian guys and gals) , and then back to the US, u only risk getting hit twice. I would be more than happy to assume the risk as the first Canadian, and assume the duty if it gets pinched.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:44 PM, ComancheKeen said:

It’s does get complicated when the Canadian receiving the box gets a massive bill from Customs. Or the box gets seized. Marking the box as a gift does not exclude it from taxes/duty.

2 hours ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

I have bought tons and never had any seized. And I'm well aware it doesn't make it exempt when marked as gift.  If done right, and only shipped across the border once( then to all Canadian guys and gals) , and then back to the US, u only risk getting hit twice. I would be more than happy to assume the risk as the first Canadian, and assume the duty if it gets pinched.

That’s cool if your willing to accept that risk. I’m just a bystander in this all anyways and was just letting the OP know about the real risks with shipping up here. I have had parcels disappear before. I know that I am not willing to give CBSA the chance to bend me over any more than they have in the past. I’ve got better things to do with a few hundred dollars.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ComancheKeen said:

. I know that I am not willing to give CBSA the chance to bend me over any more than they have in the past. I’ve got better things to do with a few hundred dollars.

Cant put a price on entertainment!:lol:

CURRENT  PASS CONTENTS:  Heading to @shaffer22 on Monday Morning (11 DEC 17) 

BOLIVAR LIBERTADOR ETP DIC 16 X 1

RASS LAU MAR 16 X2 

CORONA ESPECIALES LAU NOV 16 X2

UPMANN HALF CORONA TOS SEP 16 X 1

PUNCH PUNCH PET AGO 16 X2

SAN CRISTOBAL EL PRINCIPE TOS MAY 16 X2

PARTAGAS SERIE D NO 4 SOM OCT 15

PARTAGAS SERIE D NO 4 TOR OCT 16 X2

MONTECRISTO PETIT EMUNDO AMO ABR 16

MONTECRISTO PETIT EMUNDO MEF FEB 16 X2

PARTAGAS LUIS OBM OCT 16 X2

PARTAGAS LUIS OBM ABR 16

BOLIVAR BELICOSOS FINO SOM SEP 16 X2

TRINIDAD REYES RMU FEB 17 X 1

JUAN LOPEZ NO 2 OPS NOV 16 X2

Diplomaticos ER El Embajador (RAU SEP 15) 

Diplomaticos ER Excelencia (SGA OCT 15) 

Ramon Allones EL Allones Extra (SUB JUN 11) 

Cohiba Siglo VI (EAG JUL 15) 

Partagas Serie E No. 2 (PUM JUL 13) 

Por Larranaga Petite Corona (EML MAY 14) 

Custom Roll - Monsdale - Jorge (2015) 

H. Upmann Magnum 46 (RAL OCT 11) 

Romeo & Julieta Churchill (PMU NOV 14) 

Romeo & Julieta EL Capuleto (TOS SEP 16) 

NON- CUBAN.....DONT HAVE TOO MANY

ALEC BRADLEY CRESCENDO FROM 2012

GURKA EUROPEAN SELECTION HABANO FROM 2011

TATUAJE UNICOS FROM 2013

PARTAGAS CHICOS A COUPLE OF THEM JUST FOR PEOPLE TO TRY OUT FEEL FREE TO TAKE ONE IF THEY ARE STILL THERE

• Like 1

Wow! Awesome start Joe! No worries with that I'm sure!

Good luck on the move, always painful....

That's a +3 from me!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SignalJoe said:

@Fuzz Could you possibly pin this thread while the box pass is active?   

Not a bad idea though it would probably stay topped regardless as the action continues...

• Fuzz pinned this topic
On 09/12/2017 at 11:28 AM, SignalJoe said:

Alright gentlemen I have received the box at the house where my humidor is currently located.  I am in the middle of relocating and it is a flaming pain in the ass.  No chore on God's green earth is more odious than moving.  Ok now that I have vented lets get to what you came here for...the cigars.  Ok let me back up a second, because I am moving and don't want to hold up the box pass I am going to go a little rouge and sidestep the rules.  So that I can get this in the mail on Monday I am going to add more value than I take so I don't have to wait for approval on puts and takes.  I added some marcas that weren't represented along with a few Regionals and a few Limitadas.  Most have a few years on them.  I think you will all agree that I am giving more than I am getting.  I hope everyone is okay with this. 

My takes: 

Upman Half corona 
Monte 2 
Bolivar Libertador
Trini Reyes  
Montecristo Petite Edmundo

As well as the Cohiba Corona Especial that @Wertman kindly added for me. 

What I am putting in: 

Diplomaticos ER El Embajador (RAU SEP 15) 

Diplomaticos ER Excelencia (SGA OCT 15) 

Ramon Allones EL Allones Extra (SUB JUN 11) 

Cohiba Siglo VI (EAG JUL 15) 

Partagas Serie E No. 2 (PUM JUL 13)  

Por Larranaga Petite Corona (EML MAY 14) 

Custom Roll - Monsdale - Jorge LCDH Club Habana (2015) 

H. Upmann Magnum 46 (RAL OCT 11) 

Romeo & Julieta Churchill (PMU NOV 14) 

Romeo & Julieta EL Capuleto (TOS SEP 16)

20171209_124818.jpg

20171209_125150.jpg

@SignalJoe You've started this one off with a massive bang!  Very well done indeed! :clap:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChanceSchmerr said:

Having it pegged is a great way to keep it visible - even with lots of traffic it can get buried, thats why I had mine pegged as well. Thanks @Fuzz

Ah, no mate. No pegging here. :lookaround::surprised:

Will "pin" a thread, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1