Newbie Box PASS 2017/2018

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, puts and takes.... takes: La Fuerza TOS DIC 15 Upmann PC PET DIC 16 Upmann No 2 LUB OCT 14 RASCC AME JUL 13 puts: Boli CE (50 cab) POS

Santiago and I having a smoke and handing off the box. I’m the handsome one in case you’re wondering. Will have puts/takes later today. 

Alright gentlemen I have received the box at the house where my humidor is currently located.  I am in the middle of relocating and it is a flaming pain in the ass.  No chore on God's green earth is m

i tried one before (xxx) almost lost my lunch.  Smoked great just really powerful 
I've smoked a couple now and thouroghly enjoyed them. I must say, I have never been nauseous or woozy from smoking a cigar. Even after I've been drinking and decide to have a padron 1926, which some people say are nic bombs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've smoked a couple now and thouroghly enjoyed them. I must say, I have never been nauseous or woozy from smoking a cigar. Even after I've been drinking and decide to have a padron 1926, which some people say are nic bombs.

I think the Power Rangers are much better flavor wise and have a little more nicotine in them. That's just my opinion but I've smoked many of the XXX and 1926 NO.35

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Pass box is safely in my hands now. I think the Postal Service misread[mention=31116]crankyanker[/mention] s intention when he put 2 day shipping on it and decided to have someone walk it the 200 miles in just over 5 days. Have some tough decisions to make here. Will try to get out tomorrow if not it will go by Thursday for sure. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys just a little update.  @Santiago is going on vacation and will have to be skipped and we will add him back at the end.  Also we have has multiple people drop out and @leemack912 has not responded to my emails so he will most likely be skipped.  Also @JLFIRST has been active on this thread and was the first to ask to jump in if anyone dropped out.  I say we add him at the end.  So the box pass will end up in Florida then to New Jersey for @Santiago then off to Lousville KY with @JLFIRST.  Also since Barry dropped out there was one other member @fastkiller13 is from Jersey we will add him at the end as well.  Is everyone ok with that?

• Like 1

Hey guys just a little update.  [mention=30601]Santiago[/mention] is going on vacation and will have to be skipped and we will add him back at the end.  Also we have has multiple people drop out and [mention=31338]leemack912[/mention] has not responded to my emails so he will most likely be skipped.  Also [mention=29850]JLFIRST[/mention] has been active on this thread and was the first to ask to jump in if anyone dropped out.  I say we add him at the end.  So the box pass will end up in Florida then to New Jersey for [mention=30601]Santiago[/mention] then off to Lousville KY with [mention=29850]JLFIRST[/mention].  Also since Barry dropped out there was one other member [mention=31434]fastkiller13[/mention] is from Jersey we will add him at the end as well.  Is everyone ok with that?
Brother I haven't seen any of your emails but i did get this message. I suck at this forum :)

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, fastkiller13 said:

Hey guys thanks for including me in the pass. If there’s anything I can do to help out please let me know. 

~Ted

GOOD CIGARS!  Let me know if you need my address and you can send them right along.

• Like 2

[mention=31338]leemack912[/mention] good to see yah brother I was worried.  I'm glad your here.  Of course I want one of the biggest reviewer for cigars on YouTube to be a part of my box pass.  It's awesome.  Cool man I feel better you were able to reach out.  
Ok . Can you shoot me an email So I can make sure I'm getting them. This is the first time in a long time that I have seen notifications from this app.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Ok here we go. Sorry for the delay. I talked it over with[mention=30668]wertman[/mention] and I just couldn’t stand to see 7 damaged cigars. Possible cause I see could be from cigars going from cold outside to warm dry inside air. Mishandling/packaging doesn’t seem to be issue here. I encourage anyone to let the box rest a bit to warm up some before opening it up (hard to resist the temptation I know!)..

However, I’ve received permission from Joe to remedy this...so here’s my Puts and Takes. I will get them banded up and get it out tomorrow. Thanks for allowing me to participate!

Z

Takes

2011 Epi 2

2011 Punch Sabrosas

2010 Winnie

2005 Partagas P2

2014 SLR Inca

The 7 Damaged Sticks

7d911144710bdfc560b9f8f0c5a660d9.jpg

e1207f1727990e67cd06aa6b5a95da0a.jpg

Puts

2009 Winnie—From 5er Unk Code

1998 Punch Churchill—OASU-FR 6/1998

2011 HDM Des Dieux—2011 Unk Code 5er

2013 LGC MDO2–MUR MAR13

2009 SLR Pacificos—MOS AGO 2009

Damage Control

2012 SCDLH El Morro—AME DIC 2012

2013 BCG—ESO OCT14—EDIT 2014 BCG! WHOOPS!

2014 H Upmann 2–LUB OCT14

2014 PL MonteCarlo—EML SEP14

2009 PLPC—Unk Code box Split

2007 PLP—Unk Code box Split

2014 RGPC—RAE OCT14

1bc81718f7392cedf10105ea8f9ad33a.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zeedubbya said:

Ok here we go. Sorry for the delay. I talked it over with@wertman and I just couldn’t stand to see 7 damaged cigars. Possible cause I see could be from cigars going from cold outside to warm dry inside air. Mishandling/packaging doesn’t seem to be issue here. I encourage anyone to let the box rest a bit to warm up some before opening it up (hard to resist the temptation I know!)..

However, I’ve received permission from Joe to remedy this...so here’s my Puts and Takes. I will get them banded up and get it out tomorrow. Thanks for allowing me to participate!

Z

Takes

2011 Epi 2
2011 Punch Sabrosas
2010 Winnie
2005 Partagas P2
2014 SLR Inca

The 7 Damaged Sticks

7d911144710bdfc560b9f8f0c5a660d9.jpg
e1207f1727990e67cd06aa6b5a95da0a.jpg

Puts

2009 Winnie—From 5er Unk Code
1998 Punch Churchill—OASU-FR 6/1998
2011 HDM Des Dieux—2011 Unk Code 5er
2013 LGC MDO2–MUR MAR13
2009 SLR Pacificos—MOS AGO 2009

Damage Control

2012 SCDLH El Morro—AME DIC 2012
2013 BCG—ESO OCT14
2014 H Upmann 2–LUB OCT14
2014 PL MonteCarlo—EML SEP14
2009 PLPC—Unk Code box Split
2007 PLP—Unk Code box Split
2014 RGPC—RAE OCT14

1bc81718f7392cedf10105ea8f9ad33a.jpg

The guy that created the PerfecDraw tool also has a product called PerfecRepair. I have used it twice to varying degrees of success, it’s on sale right now for only $8 direct on his site or you can get it on the king of online retail’s site. It does work to a certain extent, not perfectly, but I’ll bet it improves the smoking experience of those damaged sticks. Uses a food grade glue.

• Like 1

All I can say is wow @zeedubbya put in some amazing cigars and the HOLY GRAIL the Des dieux and the LGC 02. I mean wow.   Zane I can't thank you enough I hope you enjoy the birthday year cigar (epi 2).  Now off to @NYMets01.  Have fun with that I am so excited to see where this goes from here.  The level of cigars are just blowing me away.  And to see everyone able to pick out and get some nice aged stuff is just awesome.

10 hours ago, Buck14 said:

The guy that created the PerfecDraw tool also has a product called PerfecRepair. I have used it twice to varying degrees of success, it’s on sale right now for only $8 direct on his site or you can get it on the king of online retail’s site. It does work to a certain extent, not perfectly, but I’ll bet it improves the smoking experience of those damaged sticks. Uses a food grade glue.

I second this. I've used it several times and while not perfect it will definitely save a beat up cigar. You can use it to glue a cigar thats unrolling or just use it to fill cracks and holes. It dries with a white film that doesn't look great but it doesn't change the taste at all. 

Hey guys thanks for including me in the pass. If there’s anything I can do to help out please let me know. 
~Ted
I'm so stoked about being added too! We must being doing something right! Long ashes my brother!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi All- Sorry for the delay in posting. I got the box (beautifully packaged, by the way) from zeedubbya on Monday and was leaving the next day for some work travel.

So in an effort to make sure it quickly got on to the next person, I worked with Joe that day to get some trades approved and the box out for delivery on Tuesday AM.

I'm not sure if others felt this way but there was this amazement coupled with complete terror when I first opened the box! Amazed and overwhelmed about the great stuff that others before me put in and terror when I realized that my small, newbie collection seems so insufficient.

I hope others will enjoy what I put in as much as I am looking forward to trying what I took out.

TAKES:
LGC MDO2 (MUR MAR 13) 
Parti Lusi (BUT MAY 12)
Trinidad Coloniales (ARS JUN 17) 
Bolivar Tubo 1 (ETP MAR 16)

PUTS:
Montecristo 80th Aniversario (RUM AGO 17) 
Parti Maduro 1 (SOM MAR 17)
Montecristo 2 (UBN JUL 17)
HU Half Corona (SOM MAR 17)
HU Magnum 54 (MEG AGO 16)
Juan Lopez Sel 2 (OPS NOV 16)

The box is now off to TAVE1225. Enjoy!

I just hope there's more people that are generous enough to keep the rare sticks flowing for the rest of us towards the end of the pass. Some great stuff happening with this pass! Keep up the good work.