Newbie Box PASS 2017/2018

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, puts and takes.... takes: La Fuerza TOS DIC 15 Upmann PC PET DIC 16 Upmann No 2 LUB OCT 14 RASCC AME JUL 13 puts: Boli CE (50 cab) POS

Santiago and I having a smoke and handing off the box. I’m the handsome one in case you’re wondering. Will have puts/takes later today. 

Alright gentlemen I have received the box at the house where my humidor is currently located.  I am in the middle of relocating and it is a flaming pain in the ass.  No chore on God's green earth is m

Approved!

Puts:

Milagros Hotel Nacional Custom Piramide JUN 17

QdO Secreto RE Francia bought 2/18

RA Hexagon RE Francia bought 2/18

HdM Hoyo de San Juan Tubo bought 6/17

Partagas Serie E No. 2 MUR ABR 13

Cohiba Siglo I TOR DIC 16

Montecristo #1 JUN 08

Montecristo Especial #2 LAU DIC 15

Montecristo #5 PUR FEB 16

Saint Luis Rey Regios ORG DIC 15

Takes:

Alex Custom Piramide May 17

Montecristo #4 BRU AGO 10

San Cristobal La Punta TOS MAR 17

La Gloria Cubana MdO #4 ETP MAY 17

Co Ro BMP OCT 16

VR Famosos SLE 16

RA Small Club POS MAR 07

B1995AE1-1976-4239-9169-8AD15F266D44.jpeg

E9A9DEE1-BC24-4894-9205-A10438C9DF0B.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wertman said:

Wow sweet guys that's so awesome looks like a cool place.  Where do you guys smoke?  

Soho Cigar Bar, it was a pretty cool spot. We smoked the QD, then had lunch, then smoked the HDM epicure especial. It was a good time. Well definitely be doing it again. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wertman said:

Not that is the spirit of what this pass is all about meeting new people sharing each others awesome cigars.  Thanks guys.

I hope I luck out and one of the people in my pass is near me here in dc area. Would be nice to hand the box off in person. 

0952CD0C-5969-4948-AA72-75C1557C17FE.thumb.jpeg.f4715b1512fb5bd0ef7d5f909a84b28b.jpeg

Everything looks great. Sticks all seem to to be in great condition except a small crack in the Bolivar RC 2008. It’s nothing Perct Repair couldn’t easily fix. I would gladly put some on if you liked. It does leave a white residue when it dries but doesn’t effect flavor at all  

1F1C1C4D-7D5A-4AB3-BAD8-4A27F1689FDA.thumb.jpeg.ed3a4d0ec784e46cd2e8693298a6800d.jpeg

EE91AA9F-BCB7-46DC-AE00-BCCEFA4BDEB9.thumb.jpeg.f0536100b6be66c16b9363c6bc0b4a76.jpeg

Also the large ziplock bags are a bit beat up and the boveda packs are pretty dry. So I will replace the ziplock bags and the boveda packs. However I may not have 65 RH so please let me know if 69 RH packs will be ok. The NC are in great shape. 

Since I can’t mail the box until Monday I will try and update the spreadsheet with the latest puts takes and make sure everything is squared away. 

The only problem now is reconciling what I want with sticks I have that are on par. Which I already know is going to be tough to impossible. 

Finally  @Wertman that GR was a mess. I had to get rid of it. I’m sorry. ?? just kidding that thing looks beautiful. 

You owe us all a review so we can live vicariously through you. 

Ill be emailing Wertman with my puts takes asap. 

Best, 

Ted ~fastkiller13 

Ted,

thanks so much man looks awesome sure is ok go ahead and put some glue on it.  Of course the 69% is perfect.  If I could of put more thought into things. I think in retrospect I should of used higher humidity  boveda in the first place.  Thanks so much.  I can't wait to review that stick I just have to find an occasion of a lifetime.  

7 hours ago, fastkiller13 said:

0952CD0C-5969-4948-AA72-75C1557C17FE.thumb.jpeg.f4715b1512fb5bd0ef7d5f909a84b28b.jpeg

Everything looks great. Sticks all seem to to be in great condition except a small crack in the Bolivar RC 2008. It’s nothing Perct Repair couldn’t easily fix. I would gladly put some on if you liked. It does leave a white residue when it dries but doesn’t effect flavor at all  

1F1C1C4D-7D5A-4AB3-BAD8-4A27F1689FDA.thumb.jpeg.ed3a4d0ec784e46cd2e8693298a6800d.jpeg

EE91AA9F-BCB7-46DC-AE00-BCCEFA4BDEB9.thumb.jpeg.f0536100b6be66c16b9363c6bc0b4a76.jpeg

Also the large ziplock bags are a bit beat up and the boveda packs are pretty dry. So I will replace the ziplock bags and the boveda packs. However I may not have 65 RH so please let me know if 69 RH packs will be ok. The NC are in great shape. 

Since I can’t mail the box until Monday I will try and update the spreadsheet with the latest puts takes and make sure everything is squared away. 

The only problem now is reconciling what I want with sticks I have that are on par. Which I already know is going to be tough to impossible. 

Finally  @Wertman that GR was a mess. I had to get rid of it. I’m sorry. ?? just kidding that thing looks beautiful. 

You owe us all a review so we can live vicariously through you. 

Ill be emailing Wertman with my puts takes asap. 

Best, 

Ted ~fastkiller13 

It was in good shape when I put it in there early on. Go ahead and throw some glue on there and call it good. That's a great cigar 

• Thanks 1

Some I just got an email from @fastkiller13 I iust have to say I am really humbled.  The quality of cigars he put in would bring a tear to anyone's eye.  This brotherhood we have here is awesome.  It's just amazing to see and makes me really glad I joined.  Especially seeing two brother smoking together.  So they smoked a cigar had lunch then smoked again.  A whole day planned from the box pass account just really great and happy to see.  Thank you guys.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wertman said:

Some I just got an email from @fastkiller13 I iust have to say I am really humbled.  The quality of cigars he put in would bring a tear to anyone's eye.  This brotherhood we have here is awesome.  It's just amazing to see and makes me really glad I joined.  Especially seeing two brother smoking together.  So they smoked a cigar had lunch then smoked again.  A whole day planned from the box pass account just really great and happy to see.  Thank you guys.

Wertman is way too kind. I’m happy to share anything I have and I hope you guys enjoy it.

I’m just waiting for confirmation on a final put/take and the box will be off to JLFIRST tomorrow. 

I’ll also post the updated list. 

Finally if anybody has been dying to try a NC if you throw it out there and I have one I’ll put it in the box. I’m not really smoking many NC anymore. Damn you 24:24. 

• Like 1

Wertman is way too kind. I’m happy to share anything I have and I hope you guys enjoy it.
I’m just waiting for confirmation on a final put/take and the box will be off to JLFIRST tomorrow. 
I’ll also post the updated list. 
Finally if anybody has been dying to try a NC if you throw it out there and I have one I’ll put it in the box. I’m not really smoking many NC anymore. Damn you 24:24. 
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I'm so excited for the box to finally arrive at my place and then back to@Wertman. I've already shown him what I plan on my puts being and he seemed to be very, very happy and pleased with them. I've always been the type who would rather see my friends and brothers enjoy great, great cigars even before myself. I'm lucky enough to get included in this box pass after it was going and for that, I'm gonna make sure to add some dandy cigars!!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 2