Newbie Box PASS 2017/2018

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, puts and takes.... takes: La Fuerza TOS DIC 15 Upmann PC PET DIC 16 Upmann No 2 LUB OCT 14 RASCC AME JUL 13 puts: Boli CE (50 cab) POS

Santiago and I having a smoke and handing off the box. I’m the handsome one in case you’re wondering. Will have puts/takes later today. 

Alright gentlemen I have received the box at the house where my humidor is currently located.  I am in the middle of relocating and it is a flaming pain in the ass.  No chore on God's green earth is m

Takes: 

2E8099CD-A0E3-4B22-B603-D7457E15A856.thumb.jpeg.795815e8a59882a21d25fae97cc6d4b6.jpeg

But here’s what you guys really care about. 

88AF0636-221C-4175-B5AF-205538DE3131.thumb.jpeg.1684392a80d7408001c37b90b77ca1d2.jpeg

I’ll be banding them later and staying up late to get everything packed up and shipped out ASAP.

In the meantime I’ve got to go try and tango at our dancing lesson. My wife wants to spin and twirl, I told her to get a boyfriend. I had to smoke outside in the cold that night and no I didn’t learn my lesson. 

Best, 

Ted

• Like 1

Wow Ted amazing puts thanks again.  I hope that HDM DC treats you well.  I can only imagine it will smoke amazing can't wait for a review of that.  Also that's media siglo looks great.  But your puts are awesome great collection.  I can't wait to smoke of these.  Thanks again @fastkiller13.  It will be on the way to @JLFIRST tomorrow or so.  Kinda said I think I will grow bored for a while this has been a real joy.  I think after @CrankYanker does a round I will do it again.

• Like 3

image.thumb.jpg.963c699a65324107f0e0c946a7f92e86.jpg

All packed up and ready to go.

I apologize but I’m waiting for a contract to come in and be signed and all the post offices seem to close between 12-4 pm 10 minutes outside of Manhattan so I probably won’t be able to get it in the mail until tomorrow. 

Thanks for understanding guys. 

• Like 1

image.thumb.jpg.963c699a65324107f0e0c946a7f92e86.jpg
All packed up and ready to go.
I apologize but I’m waiting for a contract to come in and be signed and all the post offices seem to close between 12-4 pm 10 minutes outside of Manhattan so I probably won’t be able to get it in the mail until tomorrow. 
Thanks for understanding guys. 
No worries brother. Best of luck on the contract, hope it all works out!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Box is in the mail and on the way to JLFIRST. 

https://m.usps.com/m/TrackConfirmAction?label=9405503699300208447576

Tracking Confirmation. I’d like to thank everyone who put in such a great collection of cigars. A big thanks to @Wertman for getting yelled at during his vacation to keep on top this and for putting it all together in the first place. 

~Ted

• Like 1

Hey man thank you for your kind words actually was in Disney world for the week.  I was suppose to go to Vegas and plans were changed when the ruling party (kids). Out rules the govt (parents).  But the big factor is I totally forgot to bring cigars.  I won't let this happen again.  This pass has been very exciting I will most likely see the box next week sometime and I am really looking forward to seeing everything. 

• Like 1

This was so much fun.  I loved it.  Can't wait to do it again. Probably a year from now it will be my turn again.  Everyone has been so amazing.  I tried to be as flexible as I possibly could. Was really cool to add 3 people in right at the end.  Totally the right choice and worth it. 

Alright Gentleman, I picked the box up from the Post Office this morning and took it back home. I'll be going through it tomorrow and getting my puts and takes okay ed before I ship it back t@wertman on Monday. I'm sure looking forward to making these choices and putting in some nice cigars to be enjoyed down the road. This has been a really great box pass with super brothers from start to finish!

• Like 1

Ok I figure this is as good a place as any to ask this question since I see the blank bands written on with marker. So where can I acquire these blank cigar bands? I had found a guy who used to make blank white cigar bands that were actually shaped like a bolivar band. They were very nice looking but upon inquiry he stated that he no longer has the means to produce those bands... bummer

32 minutes ago, Baccy said:

Ok I figure this is as good a place as any to ask this question since I see the blank bands written on with marker. So where can I acquire these blank cigar bands? I had found a guy who used to make blank white cigar bands that were actually shaped like a bolivar band. They were very nice looking but upon inquiry he stated that he no longer has the means to produce those bands... bummer

https://www.kencolabel.com/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=325609

There ya go. 

B5E686FF-3287-4293-A553-82A75EE5A0C4.jpeg

• Like 1

I can't believe this part of the pass is coming to an end.  [mention=29850]JLFIRST[/mention] will be sending over takes and puts tonight.  After that he will post and when I get the box I will post again.  
I've got my puts and takes sent over to@wertman and just waiting for his word back. Really nice selection of sticks ranging from brand new to 20 years age. Having, EL'S, RE'S, and LCDH along with great regular production cigars makes for a incredible selection! I'm so lucky to be a part of this great box pass. Thanks you all!

• Like 1

I hope everyone has had a good Easter weekend and enjoyed a cigar or two. I've gotten my puts and takes all approved by our fearless leader@wertman. Thanks so much again for this wonderful box pass my friend! It was a great time and I've made some great friends along the way!
Here are my puts and takes,
My puts are:
HDM Double Corona from 99
Punch DC Jun 98
Quintero Londres Extra Dec 98
RyJ Anejados Pyramid from 08
Monte Especial 2, 2015
Upmann Mag 50, 2015
PsD4 Aged 2011 Habano
QD Corona, 2016
Cohiba Lancero, 2016
Reynaldo Lg Piramide custom roll, 2016
Monte A Oct 16 still in coffin and all paper.

Takes:
Bolivar Corona Gigantes, 2014
Partagas 898, 2008
Partagas Serie C, EL 2012
H.Upmann Mag 46, 2006
RyJ Capuleto, 2016
Bolivar Libertador, 2015
H.Upmann Mag 54, 2016
LGC Immensias, 2014

I'll be sending this back to Wertman tomorrow! da3e0042e595dd688fad9dfe3b19d2c4.jpg04c03b608782e3e60c978b5d3019e9de.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow what great takes and puts.  There are so many great cigars in this box it's amazing.  I am glad we were able to add a couple extra people to the pass.  Thank you everyone.  I will post pics of all the cigars once the pass gets back to me.  I can't wait to try that hoyo 99 DC.  It looks amazing.

• Like 2

Once the pass gets back to @Wertman and he gets everything organized then I will go ahead and post up for people to get in on the 2nd round of this pass.  I will give it a 30-45 day break then start back up to give the cigars some additional time to rest. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, CrankYanker said:

Once the pass gets back to @Wertman and he gets everything organized then I will go ahead and post up for people to get in on the 2nd round of this pass.  I will give it a 30-45 day break then start back up to give the cigars some additional time to rest. 

Lookin forward to the next round! My collection is rpunding out quite nicely as of late. I’ll have a good variety to put in there next time 

• Like 1

Pretty impressive gentlemen!  I enjoyed seeing the generosity and brotherhood involved.  Glad I got to play a small part in it.  

• Like 2