Newbie Box PASS 2017/2018

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, puts and takes.... takes: La Fuerza TOS DIC 15 Upmann PC PET DIC 16 Upmann No 2 LUB OCT 14 RASCC AME JUL 13 puts: Boli CE (50 cab) POS

Santiago and I having a smoke and handing off the box. I’m the handsome one in case you’re wondering. Will have puts/takes later today. 

Alright gentlemen I have received the box at the house where my humidor is currently located.  I am in the middle of relocating and it is a flaming pain in the ass.  No chore on God's green earth is m

58 minutes ago, luvdunhill said:

If you are in, then we could do a local handoff perhaps?

Depending on the day of the week I receive the box I may drive it to Austin that weekend and meet ya'll for a smoke and some bbq.  

2 minutes ago, SignalJoe said:

Depending on the day of the week I receive the box I may drive it to Austin that weekend and meet ya'll for a smoke and some bbq.  

Rainey Street is so much fun! Driftwood is awesome as it was BYOB. I love Austin. I am jealous. 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 7:37 PM, SignalJoe said:

That’d be fantastic!

• Like 2

@CrankYanker I’ve never seen a boxpass go a second round, let alone under a different organizer. How does that work?

I assume @Wertman keeps the majority of the contents, then you restock it with a new stocklist from  your collection?

I know @Wertman is an overly generous guy, but he spent a metric ****ton of his time, energy, and money making this happen. I certainly hope he gets to reap the benefit of that by keeping atleast *most* of the final contents as his reward for the effort.  

It’s definitely a foreign concept to me - the ongoing pass. I’m interested to see how the stock evolves by the next time i get a chance to contribute to it. It’s definitely been a fun ride thusfar!

[mention=31116]CrankYanker[/mention] I’ve never seen a boxpass go a second round, let alone under a different organizer. How does that work?
 I assume [mention=30668]Wertman[/mention] keeps the majority of the contents, then you restock it with a new stocklist from  your collection?
I know [mention=30668]Wertman[/mention] is an overly generous guy, but he spent a metric ****ton of his time, energy, and money making this happen. I certainly hope he gets to reap the benefit of that by keeping atleast *most* of the final contents as his reward for the effort.  
It’s definitely a foreign concept to me - the ongoing pass. I’m interested to see how the stock evolves by the next time i get a chance to contribute to it. It’s definitely been a fun ride thusfar!
Well, he got the partagas Gran reserva, so that's gotta be close to a metric ****ton...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

On 4/14/2018 at 3:17 PM, cfc1016 said:

@CrankYanker I’ve never seen a boxpass go a second round, let alone under a different organizer. How does that work?

I assume @Wertman keeps the majority of the contents, then you restock it with a new stocklist from  your collection?

I know @Wertman is an overly generous guy, but he spent a metric ****ton of his time, energy, and money making this happen. I certainly hope he gets to reap the benefit of that by keeping atleast *most* of the final contents as his reward for the effort.  

@Wertman and I have a plan. Be patient and we will get it figured out. Having me do the 2nd round gives Joe a break and then he will do the 3rd round. Yes we are going to keep this going for a while :)

• Like 2

Wow. Just wow. This thing has grown leaps and bounds since I had it. Great work fellas. Keep it up. I hope to see again someday.

You all enjoy the day.

On 4/14/2018 at 3:17 PM, cfc1016 said:

We just finished a box pass in the underground. Like the last couple, I had 5 contests - each winner getting a fiver from the pass. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

We just finished a box pass in the underground. Like the last couple, I had 5 contests - each winner getting a fiver from the pass. 

That sounds like a good idea. I've been thinking that when mine is over, I'll probably raffle/contest off a couple a fivers or so.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

Your box pass inspired me for my turn

1 hour ago, FidelCashflow said:

If there's a round 2, count me in

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Once I receive the box I will do a 3 week sign up then the box will be ready for Round 2.

• Like 1

The box has just gone out today and should be to Tyler on Saturday if anybody is interested in the pass for the second round Tyler will be making an announcement shortly and he will be taking care of the pass  for this round  I will see y'all you gentlemen and hopefully a lady or two for round number three 

• Like 3