Newbie Box PASS 2017/2018

I talked with [mention=30206]BellevilleMXZ[/mention] and I think we are going to kick this next box pass off over Memorial Day Weekend.  We will see each other in New York at the race track and he can mule the box across for Canada.  So who from Canada wants to join in?  

I’ll join from Canada. I am not too far away from@BellevilleMXZ And I know we have some other Canadian member where we could hand off the pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, puts and takes.... takes: La Fuerza TOS DIC 15 Upmann PC PET DIC 16 Upmann No 2 LUB OCT 14 RASCC AME JUL 13 puts: Boli CE (50 cab) POS

Santiago and I having a smoke and handing off the box. I’m the handsome one in case you’re wondering. Will have puts/takes later today. 

Alright gentlemen I have received the box at the house where my humidor is currently located.  I am in the middle of relocating and it is a flaming pain in the ass.  No chore on God's green earth is m

3 hours ago, havanaclub said:

Did you need mine? Or Dave (Belleville)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will need yours because I need to figure out the logistics of the pass

On 4/13/2018 at 10:57 PM, CrankYanker said:

Once @Wertman has the box in hand and does his finale I will get a list going for round 2. You won't want to miss this round of the ongoing newbie pass we have created. Awesome first round!

I’m in for round 2! 

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, CrankYanker said:

Sounds good. Thanks for letting me know.  The cigars are in the humidor coming back to life. Still need quite a bit of addresses

Let me know if you want some help on that front.

I worked up, in preparation for my pass, multiple detailed form emails for managing the process of getting everyone’s information collected and organized throughout the whole process of the pass. I’m happy to share them with you and help you tailor them to your endeavor. 

The advanced preparation has paid off. We’re averaging ~3.3 days total turnover time (including shipping) for each participant. Very smooth and efficient. 

• 1 month later...

Attention to all: 2nd round has been postponed due to people's schedules and not having many people left in the pass. It looks like people are interested in the handicap passes like @cfc1016 put together. I have been scarce from the forum due to work and racing. I am sending the cigars back to @Wertman so he can hold on to them until next round. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cfc1016 said:

Hey, @CrankYanker , what’s the deal, dude? You said you were sending @Wertman back the sticks from this pass months ago, and he hasn’t gotten anything from you. Not cool, man. Something smells fishy. What’s the deal, man?!?

I know him personally I very much doubt anything is fishy.....I will drop him a line

I have reached out to Tyler no less than 10 times.  He told me the beginning of July he would send the cigars then no cigars no email no call.  I left my personal number to call with any problems and still no reply.  It's just disrespectful especially with someone else's stuff.  Cigars are not cheap as we all know.

2 hours ago, BellevilleMXZ said:

I know him personally I very much doubt anything is fishy.....I will drop him a line

As he mentioned, @Wertman has repeatedly reached out to @CrankYanker and has been given the runaround. Foul play or not, it is seriously bad form. You don’t just camp on ~100 cigars that don’t belong to you... for months. There’s no excuse. That is unacceptable behavior. I just ran a boxpass, and nearly all of the 30 participants, with their crazy work/personal life schedules, STILL managed to turn that box around in ~48 hours. If you take MONTHS to get *someone else’s* cigars back to them, and repeatedly blow them off, I don’t care if you’re mother theresa - that’s just plain disrespectful. That’s antithetical to the type of behavior that this community embodies.

I don’t like to call someone out publicly, but @Wertman is my homeboy, and he’s been stressing hard about this. It’s seriously uncool. I feel obligated, as wertman’s friend, to say something. This is a conversation that has been escalating, in private, for MONTHS. @CrankYanker needs to ship those cigars back to wertman asap. No excuses. No sob stories. Just man up and do what he said he would do months ago. 

• Thanks 2