La Casa Del Habano custom rolls

GotaCohiba

They look amazing though.  That's sucks about being under filled.  Are you planning on going back any time soon?  I wonder how the rollers are to communicate with letting them know their sticks were under filled if they take the extra time to make them perfect?  I bet Alex sticks are awesome though 

18 hours ago, Wertman said:

They look amazing though.  That's sucks about being under filled.  Are you planning on going back any time soon?  I wonder how the rollers are to communicate with letting them know their sticks were under filled if they take the extra time to make them perfect?  I bet Alex sticks are awesome though 

Every established roller (factory, custom & farm) has rolled perfection and duds.. Its the risk of the Custom Roll. Folks bill them as some panacea but they are not (necessarily). Great discussion on this with @Corylax18 and @PrairieSmoke lastnight. I've had Alex Customs that were amazing and some that were plugged and I still buy from Alex. The price (when bought in Cuba) is worth the risk that there'll be a few bad ones in the bunch.

Cheers Gents.

• Like 1

Every established roller (factory, custom & farm) has rolled perfection and duds.. Its the risk of the Custom Roll. Folks bill them as some panacea but they are not (necessarily). Great discussion on this with [mention=28746]Corylax18[/mention] and [mention=31788]PrairieSmoke[/mention] lastnight. I've had Alex Customs that were amazing and some that were plugged and I still buy from Alex. The price is worth the risk that there'll be a few bad ones in the bunch.
Cheers Gents.

I would qualify that the price directly from the roller is worth the risk. The crazy secondary market price - not so much.

11 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

I would qualify that the price directly from the roller is worth the risk. The crazy secondary market price - not so much.

^^^^^^ 100% correct!!

On 04/05/2018 at 6:41 PM, Lotusguy said:

On 04/05/2018 at 6:52 PM, Ethernut said:

^^^^^^ 100% correct!!

I think It was yesterday there was a guy in Facebook selling robustos for $18.

• Haha 1

Seems like a lot of money for robustos when they can be had for 180-200.  The idea of customs is awesome but at what cost.  It seems like everyone selling them no matter where  wants to make a buck. 

• 2 weeks later...

For me. Custom Rolls *only* make sense if buying at Cuba cost or within 3-5 bucks above cost.. Other than that, one is gambling. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/7/2017 at 3:02 PM, Corneighdo said:

I guess we need more info, LCDH's are all over the world. I'll assume you are going to Cuba and want to check out the LCDH's there and the few custom rollers that operate out of them.

Here is the info of the top 5 rollers gathered, with my notes:

Custom Rollers to See: 
Reynaldo @ Conde de Villanueva LCDH at Mercaderes #202 corner of Lamparilla, Habana Vieja - FULL bodies cigars (bought 35) Plenty in stock Sublimes were my favorite, but many vitolas to choose from 
Yolanda Medina @ Hotel Melia Habana LCDH at 3ra Ave. between Calle 76 & 80, Playa - Piramides Miramar (did not visit) 
Cueto from the El Morro Castle shop (Parque Morro-Cabana Cigar Shop (did not visit, but would love to as I've had his cigars - very good) 
Jorge Lopez Leal @ Club Havana LCDH (5ht Ave between Calle 188-192) MONSDALES (Playa neighborhood) Visited, but devastatingly, Jorge was not there and NO customs available... This was one of the nicer selections I found, but no VRs in stock
Leopoldina Gutierrez aka 'La China’ @ Partagas LCDH at Calle Industria #520, Centro Habana (Old Partagas factory) -Visited, did not buy, very busy, good selection 

Technically, you are only permitted 50 unbanded cigars per person out of the country, but they rarely enforce and did not check me. If you are going with someone else, your goal of 100 will be fine. 

Thanks for all this info man. I’m heading down in a few weeks and plan on grabbing some custom rolls. I’ve already messaged Alex. Anyone know how to get in touch with anyone else on this list? 

16 hours ago, ErikC said:

Thanks for all this info man. I’m heading down in a few weeks and plan on grabbing some custom rolls. I’ve already messaged Alex. Anyone know how to get in touch with anyone else on this list? 

Alex 

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 1:18 AM, ErikC said:

You shouldn't have any problem picking up their customs when you get there.  I know Alex, Yolanda, and Reynaldo keep bundles on hand in their shop humidors. 

• 2 months later...
On 12/7/2017 at 12:02 PM, Corneighdo said:

I guess we need more info, LCDH's are all over the world. I'll assume you are going to Cuba and want to check out the LCDH's there and the few custom rollers that operate out of them.

Custom Rollers to See: 
Reynaldo @ Conde de Villanueva LCDH at Mercaderes #202 corner of Lamparilla, Habana Vieja - FULL bodies cigars (bought 35) Plenty in stock Sublimes were my favorite, but many vitolas to choose from 
Yolanda Medina @ Hotel Melia Habana LCDH at 3ra Ave. between Calle 76 & 80, Playa - Piramides Miramar (did not visit) 
Cueto from the El Morro Castle shop (Parque Morro-Cabana Cigar Shop (did not visit, but would love to as I've had his cigars - very good) 
Jorge Lopez Leal @ Club Havana LCDH (5ht Ave between Calle 188-192) MONSDALES (Playa neighborhood) Visited, but devastatingly, Jorge was not there and NO customs available... This was one of the nicer selections I found, but no VRs in stock
Leopoldina Gutierrez aka 'La China’ @ Partagas LCDH at Calle Industria #520, Centro Habana (Old Partagas factory) -Visited, did not buy, very busy, good selection 

Technically, you are only permitted 50 unbanded cigars per person out of the country, but they rarely enforce and did not check me. If you are going with someone else, your goal of 100 will be fine. 

no mention of Juanita at Cohiba Melia LCDH. She does an elephante that's pretty well known last time I went she rolled a supremo that was the same blend.  Great place to smoke & worth the visit

On 12/7/2017 at 12:02 PM, Corneighdo said:

Custom Rollers to See: 

Btw when you go to Melia havana get to get Yolanda's customs order the orange chicken.  So delicious

20180927_171436.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, oliverdst said:

Which restaurant?

you know I actually don't know the name of the restaurant.  When I smoke at the LCDH, I just tell the bar tender and they bring the food in.  nothing better than a meal with my smoke 

• 1 month later...

I passed through Cuban customs on Jan 1st and 2nd when getting back on my cruise ship. They didn’t ask for anything! I had over 100 customs and around 8 boxes in total. It was sadly simple. I was expecting much worse but instead i got the best I could have hoped for. Going back to Miami might be more interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SmokinNukie said:

I passed through Cuban customs on Jan 1st and 2nd when getting back on my cruise ship. They didn’t ask for anything! I had over 100 customs and around 8 boxes in total. It was sadly simple. I was expecting much worse but instead i got the best I could have hoped for. Going back to Miami might be more interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember to post pics in the haul thread.

• 2 months later...