• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greetings dear friends! After much coaxing by my dear pal, Jason (@jay8354) over some time, I've decided to give video reviewing a 'crack' over the upcoming Australian summer holiday season. I thought

1. Montecristo Petit Edmundo – SGA DIC 16   In this review, it's the Vegueros Entretiempos that I was meant to be referencing!

2. Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 2 – MEL FEB 17   In this review, I meant to state that the Juan Lopez Seleccion No.1 and No.2 have been around since the 1990's, not the Juan Lopez mar

Well done! I watched these while smoking my Don Alejandro, followed by my Petit Edmundo. I’m completely with you on the PE, pleasant but young tasting. The nutty chocolate is definitely there. I must admit, I prefer the HdM PR in this format, only because I really like brown sugar sweetness over chocolate in my cigars. 

Keep ‘em coming gents. Cheers!

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for your replies! I look forward to doing the Punch Punch 48 this week and discussing it in comparison to the regular production Punch Punch and also doing the Cohiba Esplendidos. We'll have another guest to join me this week, so I'm looking forward to that too.

My teenage daughter saw the videos and subscribed to my channel. "Good videos Dad! I don't what you are talking about in regards to the cigars though!" :lol:

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 2:07 AM, David88 said:

Great reviews guys. Love the fez! 

Thanks David. Glad you like it! The Fez will make another appearance :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 99call said:

Thanks for putting in all this effort John,  It's slightly unnerving watching a FOH video with things like, facts etc.............this is wholly un-orthadox, bring back the personal abuse and slap-stick comedy!!. 

Bravo

I'm very confident that the reviews planned this weekend will rectify this, most probably at my expense! :lol::D

3 hours ago, David88 said:

Great review again John, very informative. I have a box tucked away in the OLH and I’m looking forward to taking them out some time next year now. 

I couldn't believe I went almost 15 minutes on this one, but it is a new release and the question of comparison to the regular production Punch Punch has come up on our forum so it warranted extended discussion. I needed to add that 2015 and 16 Punch Punch has been excellent generally young, and for me surprisingly so, before this, I was inclined to rest my Punch Punch much longer which is why I have some from '14 in my humidor, from a split, still resting.

• Like 1

• JohnS changed the title to JohnS' 2017 Christmas Sampler Video Reviews Series
  • JohnS pinned this topic
  • El Presidente unpinned this topic