Enjoyed watching your Punch Punch 48 Review @JohnS

I tried a single a couple of months back which led me to buying a box on 24:24 which is now in my OLH. Will draw down on them in the next year or so. Good cigar! I like the new LCDH band on these. They look elegant being that shiny and not "gordy" or "tacky" if that makes sense...

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Greetings dear friends! After much coaxing by my dear pal, Jason (@jay8354) over some time, I've decided to give video reviewing a 'crack' over the upcoming Australian summer holiday season. I thought

1. Montecristo Petit Edmundo – SGA DIC 16   In this review, it's the Vegueros Entretiempos that I was meant to be referencing!

2. Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 2 – MEL FEB 17   In this review, I meant to state that the Juan Lopez Seleccion No.1 and No.2 have been around since the 1990's, not the Juan Lopez mar

• Fuzz pinned this topic

9. Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro – BMP Jun 16

Once again, thanks again for @Fuzz joining me for this review of this now (sadly) discontinued Double Corona. Yes, it had its construction issues for both of us, but the flavours remain unique in comparison to the main four Double Coronas now left in regular production, i.e. the Partagas Lusitanias, the Ramon Allones Gigantes, the Hoyo de Monterrey Double Corona and the Punch Double Corona.

I mentioned the 7 Global Brands in this video and funnily enough I left the Cohiba out. Also, I mention that Alejandro Robaina was a famous torcedor (i.e roller), I meant to say that he was a famous Cuban tobacco grower for which the Vegas Robaina marca was named in his honour in 1998.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 3:57 AM, JohnS said:

5. Punch Punch 48 – TOS NOV 16

Enjoyed the review. I have a box of the 48s coming, and I'm looking forward to them. I'd love to get a box of the DCs as well. I've only had one single, but I really enjoyed it. It had such a unique flavor profile, and I had trouble describing it, but spiced cream is actually a very good description of it.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Danimalia said:

Enjoyed the review. I have a box of the 48s coming, and I'm looking forward to them. I'd love to get a box of the DCs as well. I've only had one single, but I really enjoyed it. It had such a unique flavor profile, and I had trouble describing it, but spiced cream is actually a very good description of it.

Yes,they are worth sourcing a box and trying out, in my opinion.

21 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

far as i could tell from texts and calls, fuzz was more of a hindrance!

@Fuzz at least did provide plenty of laughs all afternoon (and night), even when he had to re-light that Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro in the humid Sydney night 7 or 8 times! :lol:

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

Yes,they are worth sourcing a box and trying out, in my opinion.

@Fuzz at least did provide plenty of laughs all afternoon (and night), even when he had to re-light that Vegas Robaina Don Alejandro in the humid Sydney night 7 or 8 times! :lol:

Champagne Comedy, John. Champagne Comedy.

champagne-comedy.gif.458d35f98374555b0b35545070fea9f1.gif

• Like 3

10. Cohiba Siglo VI – UGE Nov 16

I would like to thank @Trevor2118, the founder of Cuban Cigar Website, for joining me for this review. Amongst Cohiba vitolas, this cigar is very popular, yet it has not been around in 2017 like it was prior to this in 2015/early 2016. In this review I quoted, off the top of my head, that the Siglo VI is 52 ring gauge x 154 mm, this figure was close to the actual 150 mm, which when released in 2002 made the Siglo VI the 'H.Upmann 56 LE/Cohiba Robustos Supremos' of its day! I again quoted the 7 global brands but repeated H.Upmann twice, I meant to state Montecristo. Oh well, that bit of traffic noise in the background was obviously the culprit!

• Like 4

On 12/19/2017 at 11:11 AM, Duxnutz said:

Great videos @JohnS! Sorry I missed ya Sunday. 

Likewise, dear friend!

12 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Well done mate...well done :clap:

Legend 

And a big thanks to you for including some cigars that have been increasingly scarce in 2017. Thanks Rob (and the FoH team) for putting these samplers together.

On 12/9/2017 at 1:00 AM, JohnS said:

2. Juan Lopez Seleccion No. 2 – MEL FEB 17

In this review, I meant to state that the Juan Lopez Seleccion No.1 and No.2 have been around since the 1990's, not the Juan Lopez marca itself which was first founded in the 1870's. :shead:

Well done JohnS, I've enjoyed and appreciated your reviews in the daily smoke pages, the evolution to video is welcome.  The JLS No.2 has been, and is currently, my favorite cigar across all marcas.  Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sean3 said:

Well done JohnS, I've enjoyed and appreciated your reviews in the daily smoke pages, the evolution to video is welcome.  The JLS No.2 has been, and is currently, my favorite cigar across all marcas.  Cheers.

Thanks Sean, I do always appreciate your feedback and encouragement. You are in fine company, dear friend, for El Pres has often mentioned that the Juan Lopez Seleccion No.2 has been his robusto of choice throughout 2017! ;)

• Like 1

11. Cohiba Lanceros – AMO Jun 16

It's little wonder why this cigar was handed out as diplomatic and VIP gifts for so long, starting in 1964 and why it's had had a reputation of class since been available to the public in 1984. I am grateful that this long and skinny was included in this year's Xmas Sampler.

• Like 3

I included this second video to discuss how the cigar developed through the thirds. I can't emphasise enough how important it is to smoke this slowly. I managed around 2 hours. If you are fortunate enough to have a box resting away, do yourself a favour and make sure you give them at least 5 years. In my opinion, they can potentially become exemplary in mildness and flavour after 10 years.

Thank you for your support and interest in this video review series. We have one more cigar to review, the H.Upmann Sir Winston which we'll do with @Luca after the new year, so yes, the 'Fez' will return! Until then, have a Merry Xmas and Happy New Year and I wish you a festive and relaxing time with your loved ones.

• Like 3

• JohnS changed the title to JohnS' 2017 Christmas Sampler Video Reviews Series
  • El Presidente unpinned this topic
  • JohnS pinned this topic