Chris Cyborg vs. Holly Holm UFC Bout Last Nite

* Anybody watch or order the Holly Holm vs. Chris Cyborg UFC  #219 bout last night?  While I was tempted, I just couldn't picture myself spending what turned out to be $60.00 for that bout only to be possibly disappointed: I was rooting for Holm. But she did have something of a victory in lasting all 5 rounds with Cyborg, who hasn't been beaten for 12+ years. She's 19 wins - only one loss; and 16 of those wins were by K.O. I figured if Holly were to get a punch in and actually cut Cyborg - we'd all see the metal skeleton underneath her skin; because Christiane Santos is a cyborg. Just wondering about every one else's thoughts on that fight last night - my fellow UFC fans :cap:

• Like 1

I'd like to post a politically incorrect meme here about cyborg, but one of my New Year's resolutions is to be more kind. I thought from the start cyborg was too strong for HH, but her ability to go 5 rounds was impressive especially since she lost 3 of her last 4 fights heading into the match. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Alright, another UFC FAN!! I watched the card and usually go to twin peaks or something like that so I dont have to fork out the money. I was rooting for Holms and thought she might have the edge with her kicking power but she barely used or landed kicks. Holly did land a few on Cyborgs nose and gashed her good but no metal. Its funny because you could almost see that Cyborg got angry when she got clipped pretty well and go a bit more aggressive. Holly Holm has immense stamina and it definitely showed that night. She lasted and took a beating. The reality is that Cyborg fights like and trains with men. Shes tested positive for steroid which increases her test way back when but the reality is and Im sure I read it somehwere, that after having taken steriods, your body is not the same. So she has something of a permanent edge. Add that with how she trains and her boxing coach Parillo (he's a personal favorite) and Holm had no real chance. 

I was more interested In Khabib vs Barboza. He was a monster. He is a ground and pound monster and makes his opponents look like amateurs! 

• Like 1

...AND Carlos Condit vs. Neil Magny...so many fans of Condit (and I'm definitely one) who kept surmising that he must be "done" in his inability to win against Magny and a few others. Still, if Condit fights again I will definitely be excited and want to watch him. In reality I called Christiane a "cyborg", figuring that might be more polite than most of my contacts' view of Chris...and to quote their opinion: "Chris Cyborg is a man!"  My response to that view is :innocent:

Didn't figure on HH making it the distance...an accomplishment to be sure, but Cyborg is a beast, steroids or not.  Khabib/Barbosa was interesting, I expected more from Barbosa, but Khabib is an animal.  I predict he will shock everyone if he gets a shot McGreggor...you heard it here first!

• Like 1