If you are looking to hire a driver in Havana

El Presidente

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We hooked up with Jorge (George) on the first day of our havana trip. We hit it off straight away. Jorge speaks fluent English, is a raconteur, historian, tour guide, problem solver and just a decent

My wife and I used Jorge last Thursday. Everything you have read is true. Very proud and knowledgeable of the area. He is educating himself into the cigar world to accommodate the FOH members. He is m

I met Jose Fernandez through a mutual friend here on FOH (Hat tip, and a thank you, you know who you are, much respect). Pre-Covid I would visit Havana a couple times a year with my Dad and friends. J

11 hours ago, garagedragon said:

Awesome! What would it cost for a round trip from Havana?

I am not sure what you are asking.  I used Jorge to make a run from Havana Centro to Hector Louis farm.  It was 150.00 round trip, 5 hours on the road plus farm visit time.  I know he also is great for local tours and usually charges 100 for the day.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was wanting to know how much Jorge charges to drive from Havana to HLP farm, and back. It looks like you answered perfectly. Thanks!

10 hours ago, garagedragon said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was wanting to know how much Jorge charges to drive from Havana to HLP farm, and back. It looks like you answered perfectly. Thanks!

June of '18 he was charging 15CUC/hour.

• 3 weeks later...

Can confirm Jorge is the best and was the highlight of our two days in Havana. He took us around old Havana then Cigar shopping, finishing off at the Nacional. Great guy and great guide!!
b3ea4642b2409465f9c71815fe83a43f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I booked Jorge again for two days this past weekend. He’s still a gem imho.

We had some great and new experiences which I will detail when I get time. Good stuff.

Btw, he also got me into the Partagas factory for a private tour.

195339e1c89567297444144f38bea208.jpg

d11c4b6fca697a74a34718fca48a88b7.jpg

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, SmokinNukie said:

I booked Jorge again for two days this past weekend. He’s still a gem imho.

We had some great and new experiences which I will detail when I get time. Good stuff.

Btw, he also got me into the Partagas factory for a private tour.

195339e1c89567297444144f38bea208.jpg

d11c4b6fca697a74a34718fca48a88b7.jpg

That is AWESOME. Any chance of an El Laguito tour?

• Like 1

Just finished 3 more days with Arturo that included day trips to Vinales and Veradero.

I'd go back to Veradero, but would skip a return trip to Vinales and instead head back to Hector's farm for custom rolls 

20190501_181911.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GotaCohiba said:

Just finished 3 more days with Arturo that included day trips to Vinales and Veradero.

I'd go back to Veradero, but would skip a return trip to Vinales and instead head back to Hector's farm for custom rolls 

20190501_181911.jpg

I keep hearing about Hector's finca and custom rolls. I want to make the trip next time. How long does it take to get out there? And does he have plenty available or do I have to make an order ahead of time?

10 hours ago, Derboesekoenig said:

I keep hearing about Hector's finca and custom rolls. I want to make the trip next time. How long does it take to get out there? And does he have plenty available or do I have to make an order ahead of time?

It’s a 2-2.5 hr drive each way and when I was there he had plenty pre rolled and ready for purchase 

Still wouldn’t hurt to reach out to him in advance

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2019 at 6:35 PM, GotaCohiba said:

20190501_181911.jpg

Is this taken at the ajiaco cafe in Cojimar? 

4 hours ago, GinFizzLove said:

Is this taken at the ajiaco cafe in Cojimar? 

That is correct.

I can also vouch for Arturo with the highest recommendation and praise. The best choice by far for trips to the shops, the utmost reliability and safe & comfortable modern vehicle with a/c. He just put new tires on his vehicle and has seat belts in the back. 

We have gone numerous days and Arturo is always early and is great with the shop staff and my family. PM if you want more info and contact. I will make sure you’re not going the same time we are, though!!!????

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/7/2018 at 5:49 PM, GotaCohiba said:

Anybody know how to text a number in Cuba from the US?

use WhatsApp on your phone for easy and FREE communication...... 

Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 3.11.07 AM.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I was lucky enough to spend a couple of days with Jorge this past weekend.  This was my second trip with him.  He goes above and beyond for all of his clients.  He's both professional and personable.  I cannot recommend his services enough.  From what I have heard, this may be the only image of Jorge with a lit cigar in his hand.  Hector was teasing him that he always tells people how great his cigars are, but had never smoke one personally.  I thought is was a great candid moment between friends.  FWIW, Jorge is absolutely correct.

When leaving us on our last day with him, he made sure to tell us that should anything happen and we need any assistance, to reach out to him.  That's the kind of service you get with Jorge.

I believe WhatsApp is the easiest way to reach him, and he is always quick to respond.

(I sent the pic to him and asked his permission to post it here)

Also, a huge shoutout to Hector for taking the time to sit and chat with us.  He is a very busy man this time of year and was beyond a gracious host.

20191205_182834.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/5/2019 at 6:51 PM, bmf30180 said:

I was lucky enough to spend a couple of days with Jorge this past weekend.  This was my second trip with him.  He goes above and beyond for all of his clients.  He's both professional and personable.  I cannot recommend his services enough.  From what I have heard, this may be the only image of Jorge with a lit cigar in his hand.  Hector was teasing him that he always tells people how great his cigars are, but had never smoke one personally.  I thought is was a great candid moment between friends.  FWIW, Jorge is absolutely correct.

When leaving us on our last day with him, he made sure to tell us that should anything happen and we need any assistance, to reach out to him.  That's the kind of service you get with Jorge.

I believe WhatsApp is the easiest way to reach him, and he is always quick to respond.

(I sent the pic to him and asked his permission to post it here)

Also, a huge shoutout to Hector for taking the time to sit and chat with us.  He is a very busy man this time of year and was beyond a gracious host.

20191205_182834.jpg

Does he still have the same WhatsApp? 

• 1 month later...

I highly recommend Arturo. Great guy, very reliable and punctual, and has great contacts in cigar shops as he was in the industry for 25 years. We used him for 4 days in November, and there is no question that I'll be using him for every trip from here on out. 

Here's his contact (very responsive on WhatsApp)

1296252267_Arturo-CubaDriver.thumb.jpg.b5e8828db5eaea8219e31e260a9a28d4.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 3:44 PM, bmf30180 said:

Yes, the whatsapp number is the same.  Here is his latest card. 

20191207_104238.jpg

I took that photograph in February 2017

I'm honoured! If somebody can get me a copy of his card I'd much appreciate it. I'd love to have it.

Here's the original.

IMG_7107.thumb.JPG.db93c908f2981f66d519069fb7e93dde.JPG

Here it is on my wall. I met Jorge with Javi in November, very nice guy. I must give him a call when I'm in Havana next.

Havana_Cars_Kitchen.jpg.d389134fb6ca8126e364a220ab74b1d9.jpg

• Like 3

I met Jorge last trip a few times as he was driving FOH friends and can only confirm all the praise for him, he is a great guy and guide.

Funny to see Arturo Mejuto mentioned here, have known him for many, many years through Festival meetings and he is also a great guy, used to be HSA guy in Canada, serious, I am very certain he is good to have around in Havana.