James Norton to be the next James Bond 007??

On 1/7/2018 at 3:44 PM, Ken Gargett said:

who knows with the press reports but the latest i saw, a few months back, was that he conceded at the time he finished the last one, he'd had a gutful and said so but now felt that he was feeling different and keen. and that they were negotiating for two more films. assuming that to be reasonably accurate, they won't need to worry for ages. but norton would be around the right age. seen him in quite a few things and always liked his work.

i think that what they flushed away was what needed to go. craig has a dry humour i like. moore just made it absurd. sadly brosnan seemed to try and replicate moore but could not do it as well. can't you remember a single "humourous" line in a brosnan film working - certainly none by him. perhaps coltrane.

craig is probably the closest to the books of all, dalton second.

today's bonds, still plenty of girls but no way can you seriously have the girls treated in quite the same way. audiences would not wear it.

the last four films have been the best "set", though quantum was pretty awful. but that is down to the director. he should never be allowed to do pet food ads again, let alone anything serious. disastrous. that said, if you watch it but zip past the fight scenes, it is not bad. he stuffed up the fight scenes - granted, not a good look for a bond film - and that threw off the entire movie. all the rest is quite good. in the fight scenes, impossible to tell what is happening, who is involved doing what. a mess.

This in a VERY big way, I have been a huge follower of Flemming for many years.  Loved Craig and sad to see him leave.

* I just saw a new movie ad with Gerard Butler in it, and this subject came to mind: but - Nah!  Gerard Butler is the one and real possibility of a villain who could actually succeed in terminating Bond by himself!   THIS - IS - SPARTA!!! 

4 minutes ago, smfdff said:

Although I've only seen him work in the tv biz, I think Matt Bomer has the right stuff.

not a chance. there is no way that they are going american. no offence but that is not a direction that i believe they would seriously consider.

2 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

not a chance. there is no way that they are going american. no offence but that is not a direction that i believe they would seriously consider.

Come on and spread the wealth. There has been an Englishman, British, Scottish, and Irish. Now is the time for an American or Aussie, they sound kinda British...

21 minutes ago, smfdff said:

Come on and spread the wealth. There has been an Englishman, British, Scottish, and Irish. Now is the time for an American or Aussie, they sound kinda British...

british tends to be a sort of cover-all. not sure that you need to distinguish. connery was scottish; there has been an aussie - lazenby; moore was definitely english (british if you prefer); dalton was welsh but moved to england when young; brosnan was irish but also moved to england when very young; craig is english.

notice a trend here? no americans. no disrespect but i suspect that the backlash in old blighty would be the end of 007. you can get away with a yank if he moved to england when very young. otherwise, it ain't happening.

• Thanks 1

On ‎07‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:49 PM, 99call said:

Michael Fassbender is another name floating around, and is the choice I would prefer. I think Bond should always be in his 40s and a little jaded. Capable of kicking your ass, but would rather push you into a snow machine, and say something witty as your guts get sprayed across the piste. 

I think Fassbender is ideal to take over from Craig and add some...

43 minutes ago, Davin said:

Speaking of Lazenby, there is a documentary out titled “Becoming Bond” which tells the story of Lazenby’s becoming and unbecoming James Bond.  Pretty interesting if you’re a Bond fan.

it is a terrific watch. crazy life. car salesman in london chasing the daughter of the nsw governor. they got him doing some modelling. then tried to convince him to do an audition. he had no clue. had to sneak in and had not done a single day's acting in his life before it. i don't think he is as bad as often suggested but OHMSS was the first bond film i saw so that perhaps influenced me. but he was offered stupid money, at the time, and a seven film deal to continue - and pushed very hard by the producers - so presumably they did not think him too bad.