Favourite Havana/Pinar Paladares & Restaurants.

El Presidente

La Corte Del Principe (Sergio's)

Calle 9na esq 74 Playa

Italian

Tuesday to Sunday 7-11pm

(+53) 5 2559091

Andy Ryan put me onto it and he was right. Some of the best Italian food I have ever eaten :spotlight:

There is no menu. sergio and his team prepare and serve based on the best produce he has in hand. 

It is sensational. 

It is not cheap.....but oh so worthwhile. 

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Buena Vista Curry Club

calle Tejadillo, #24 , e/Cuba y san Ignacio

Hindi, Cuban

12-12 Daily

+53 78627379

Located in old Havana, this place was a revelation.  "Toby....why in hell are we going to an Indian Restaurant in Havana?".  "Rob...wait and taste it mate....it is just bonkers brilliant"

The Indian food was sensational. better than anything I have tasted in Australia (not hard) and up there with the best I have had in Mumbai or Singapore. 

We met the Indian owner/chef who is delightful. Live music 3-4 evenings a week. 

Put it on your radar.

BVCC1.JPG

BVCC2.JPG

• Like 2

Just now, El Presidente said:

Buena Vista Curry Club

Hindi, Cuban

12-12 Daily

+53 78627379

Located in old Havana, this place was a revelation.  "Toby....why in hell are we going to an Indian Restaurant in Havana?".  "Rob...wait and taste it mate....it is just bonkers brilliant"

The Indian food was sensational. better than anything I have tasted in Australia (not hard) and up there with the best I have had in Mumbai or Singapore. 

Put it on your radar.

BVCC1.JPG

BVCC2.JPG

I've walked past this place dozens of times, but have never bothered to try it out.  Thanks for the heads up!

14 hours ago, El Presidente said:

Buena Vista Curry Club

Hindi, Cuban

12-12 Daily

+53 78627379

Put it on your radar.

BVCC1.JPG

BVCC2.JPG

As an electrician I'm amused by the sign. The way they have attached the ballasts is very rustic.

Santy (excellent seafood)

Calle 240A #3023 esq. 3raC, Jaimanitas, La Habana

Hard has hell to find, my Cuban Driver couldn't even find it. It's down an alley with the restaurant at the end. Zero signage, just walk through the door that looks most like a paladar at the end of the alley and boom you're greeted by the outdoor seating at Santy. What you see in the photos is the upper deck. That's where you want to be if you can set it up. Crazy fresh Sushi and Tapas-style food. I'll be going back for sure!

DSCF0501-HDR.thumb.jpg.da11a7dbc85a55496c2e0faa4e8269fe.jpgDSCF0492-HDR.thumb.jpg.c6cf077dc93bb97d9053fa021a80cb59.jpg

IMG_8264.thumb.jpg.ae914ae7406682f7f567df04bda36431.jpg

DSCF0507.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 1/18/2018 at 1:30 PM, Ethernut said:

Santy (excellent seafood)

Calle 240A #3023 esq. 3raC, Jaimanitas, La Habana

Hard has hell to find, my Cuban Driver couldn't even find it. It's down an alley with the restaurant at the end. Zero signage, just walk through the door that looks most like a paladar at the end of the alley and boom you're greeted by the outdoor seating at Santy. What you see in the photos is the upper deck. That's where you want to be if you can set it up. Crazy fresh Sushi and Tapas-style food. I'll be going back for sure!

DSCF0501-HDR.thumb.jpg.da11a7dbc85a55496c2e0faa4e8269fe.jpgDSCF0492-HDR.thumb.jpg.c6cf077dc93bb97d9053fa021a80cb59.jpg

IMG_8264.thumb.jpg.ae914ae7406682f7f567df04bda36431.jpg

DSCF0507.jpg

Hey, I recognize that fat bastard in the white shirt talking to Ayala!

• Haha 1