Inbound Missile cigar.............

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not picky. I'll smoke whatever the woman I happen to be making love to will tolerate. 

Any torpedo 

I can't smoke it all in one hour but it has to the best... Cohiba Esplendido It was my very first Cuban. Why not bookend the thing and close out the show the same way it began. 

6 hours ago, Colt45 said:

Yeah, but what will you do for the other 58 minutes?  :lol3:

Me, slather on the spf 5000 sunblock, don the welding goggles, and light up a Bolivar CG. Or Upmann SW. RyJ or Hoyo Churchill......

5a5e7dfba4805_Sunblock5000.jpg.7e03d02514d2d7aa3af9112341f425e4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If reaching for a cigar is that last thing I do as I prepare to meet my impending doom.. I'd probably grab a Por Larranaga Montecarlo. Just Love That Vitola..

• Like 1

Probably my last remaining Che` custom bought from reputable Havana House outlet in England. And if I'm thinking we might survive it -  a Camacho Liberty in its own coffin box that I've had on hand for the last 12 years...

Is that an 06 liberty? I have this 07 I can't bring myself to light up. f8472dc81250827ae94954813c170445.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I would smoke multiple Monte 80th's at once (in case one is a dud, also, why not?) in the living room.  Then I'd crack a bottle of The Macallan 18 1988 and light the gas fireplace.

• Like 2

Surely be reaching for an old faithful. Has to be right there and deliver from the get go. One of my beloved minutos and of their kind would fit the bill as a pick-me-up in a scary situation. Don't want to be ending either in panic nor in disappointment. My pick would probably be a Reyes or a well-aged BCJ.

• Like 2

No point in going big. Monte 5 all the way, and if the bomb doesn't drop, have another!

Thunder & Lightening '75 - '15

On 1/16/2018 at 7:53 PM, prodigy said:

Is that an 06 liberty? I have this 07 I can't bring myself to light up. f8472dc81250827ae94954813c170445.jpg

* Had to go dig it out -- and LO - it's the same as yours!  A 2007 barber pole. And since I'd gotten it out - I smoked it tonight with the Bellator MMA fights tonight featuring Rampage Jackson vs. Chael Sonnen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

* Had to go dig it out -- and LO - it's the same as yours!  A 2007 barber pole. And since I'd gotten it out - I smoked it tonight with the Bellator MMA fights tonight featuring Rampage Jackson vs. Chael Sonnen.

I smoked mine as well. It was horrible. Tasted like nougat at first, then marshmallow, then burnt char the whole rest of the way. How was yours?

• Sad 1

Love the different ideas here. The impending doom scenario is a bit of a downer, I don't think I would be reaching for a cigar in that situation, but I'll just pretend I have to pick just one cigar currently in my humidor, the one last cigar I would ever be able to smoke (no inbound missile), taking my time and smoking it in peace, but it would absolutely be my last, no exception. What would that be?

Well, I would hate to pick a dud, and I can't pick something I haven't yet tried before, I'd have to pick a sure thing - a cigar I know won't let me down, a cigar that always hits with a large dose of dopamine. It would need to be long enjoyable vitola. In my current collection, I think it would have to be a Montecristo No. 1, box code BUM ABR 15.

It would have been the 2002 Tainos, but I smoked the last delicious stick in my humi a couple of weeks ago. I have a few sticks of Punch SS1 and SS2, including a 1992 SS2 gifted to me by a dear friend who passed away a couple of years ago. They are wonderful when they are on, but not 100% consistent. I have some rare limited editions and some very nicely aged, HTF cigars, but would you risk one of those on the very last cigar you will ever smoke?  

For consistency and the closest I can get to a sure bet that I will be absolutely satisfied with my choice, it would be the Monte. Anything else would be a gamble, whether because it is plugged, or a little off, or an inconsistent vitola. The Monte is the closest cigar I have currently to a reliable sure thing.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, prodigy said:

I smoked mine as well. It was horrible. Tasted like nougat at first, then marshmallow, then burnt char the whole rest of the way. How was yours?

I didn't find it "horrible"! Having had so much time to age, it was a heck of a lot better than Camacho's older selections of straight Hondurans. And unlike most of my fresher selections it actually stayed cool and non-bitter all the way down to near the nub. Yes - it's definitely not the wonderful maple raisin toasted bread from the hearth baked with love heavenly essence of our beloved Habanas - but it met the desire at the moment. And thanks for showing me yours and bringing it up! Otherwise, it would still be in my humidor..!