Farewell F.O.H..

Guy! Noooooo!!!!!!!  :(

While this is quite sudden, it seems you've probably thought about this for a while.  It's sad to see you go. You have a wealth of knowledge in the area and a good natured approach to contributing here.  You will be missed for all that you brought to this forum.  I do hope you will pop in from time to time.  You're always welcome here. 

Au Revoir for now. 

you have your reasons but I am sure most of us would like you to stay.

I´ve been trying to unplug me from the virtual world for a long time and it´s a constant battle.

in the last week I uninstalled Whatsapp from my cell phone. my intention is to use internet just 1 hour/day and use cell phone just to make calls. not easy in my Uber society.

well, as a matter of fact I have no ideia if you are leaving the forum for this kind of reason :rotfl:

hope to hear from you in the future.

take care.

:wub:  Mon ami` you will be sorely missed.  You made my dreams come true with what you sent my way, and I enjoyed our affectionate words back and forth. You gotta do what you gotta do. What would Friends of Habanos been without you - tres' bien and jes' em (again sorry with my torn up French!)

Love,

Janet 

12143255_10204103155178070_5858449151885313583_n.jpg

I come back to the forums after a long break to find Guy leaving?

Guy,

At 68 you have decades to enjoy good cigars, make the most of it. You will be missed and I personally enjoyed our interactions throughout the years on both CA and here. Be well!

I wish you the best Guy! 7 years ago I received a package in the mail from a friend in France who I have never met but only talked to on a cigar blog. I received that package out of the kindness of your heart and I'm sure you could not stand the thought of me making Mojito's using Bacardi. :) That is a fond memory of a stand up guy. 

I wish you and your family the best.

• Thanks 1

Huge hug Guy :clap:

There comes a time for all of us to take a step back. What a remarkable role model you are. 

No better compliment can be paid to you than to say that you made a difference to the global cigar community. You made it a better place. You epitomised how an open heart, a welcoming smile and a willingness to share with all .....just makes the world a better place.  

God bless hermano. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is a sad day indeed.

Guy, it has been a fantastic run, and I wish you all the best for the future. Your kindness, knowledge and contributions to this forum will not be forgotten. I can only hope that you pop back in every so often just to let us know how you are going.

Take care, be well, and enjoy life!

Chris

Say it aint so Guy. You may be closing the door for now but remember it is never locked. In the mean time we will miss you.

All the best for the future, stay happy and healthy 

Cheers

Warren

Guy you'll always be remembered by me as the man that made me aware that great coffee exists. I think it was roughly 2008 we were chatting in the live chat and you were describing not being able to find a decent cup of coffee on a recent visit to, I believe it was, New York of all places. I now roast my own coffee, and owe it all to you. 

You'll be missed as you were always a friendly face here. I wish we could have met, shared a cigar and hell, a great coffee!

So sorry to hear you are leaving us guy

you have beeen the absolute bench mark for many a year now both as a moderator and a human being wish there was more like you around ?

health wealth and happiness my friend your presence will be sorely missed 

Steve 

All the best mate. Hope you’re retirement is relaxing and enjoyable. If you ever need anything, you know where we are. Just pop in and say hello every now and then.

Mus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry to hear you will leave the forum! Always have much enjoyed your knowledgeable contributions (in partic. the many from before my active time on here).

All the best wishes for you, Guy!

Goo