Trinidad Fundadores - OCT 98 - Weekend Review Competition

16 minutes ago, 99call said:

Only ever had a handful of oldschool fundys, they were all magical.  Personally I 100% buy into the hushed whispers and conspiracy theories, that these were tipped to be better leaf than the CoLa

If this specimen is any indication, I have to agree - there is ample evidence of premium tobacco is this mighty vitola. 

Just now, Philc2001 said:

If this specimen is any indication, I have to agree - there is ample evidence of premium tobacco is this mighty vitola. 

Yep, either that or there is just more body to fundys. In general I find all of Cohiba a bit too clinical and clean. and generally avoid them.  Lanceros are good (i'm currently smoking through some 2000s), but they have too much finesse, if anything.  

• Like 1

I've never had one this old, but I've loved just about every Fundy I've smoked. I smoked through an entire box of Coloniales during the 2 weeks I was in Cuba last year. I bought them with the intent to bring home and age, I tried one, and I couldn't keep my hands off the rest. Its really a special Marca.

• Like 1

Nice review! I smoked through many cabs of these in the late '90s, early '00s when they were readily available and quite reasonable by today's pricing.

Only just a few on hand now which I smoke judiciously. 

• Like 1