What shows are you watching? Netflix, Amazon, Cable, etc.?

forgot to mention Godless..............excellent series.;)

enjoyed seeing Mary from Downton Abbey shooting a buffalo rifle.............:o

• Like 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ALTERED CARBON!  ...That is all

I recently binge watched Bosch on Netflix. Great detective show based on a book series. 

Black mirror on netflix. Bloody brilliant!  

How can anyone still watch The Walking Dead? That show ended for me with the arrival of Negan in season 7. Turned to total crap.
I think I made to season 5 or 6. The kid, Carl I believe, ruined it for me. That and they somehow all managed to die by running into groups of zombies. Like they wouldn't be able to run away. Started great then dropped off quick.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I live in the Ozarks, it’s beautiful here. The show isn’t too far fetched though. Lots of drugs, and an underworld not unlike a local crime syndicate.

I loved Peaky Blinders, Shameless (it can be pretty crude but I like it), Stranger Things, Frontier. Lots of good show on Netflix right now. The 100 was ok. I travel a lot for work so I’ve burned through a lot of the series. 

- Expanse

- Punisher

- Vikings

- Daredevil

- Star Trek Discovery

- Stranger Things Seasons 1 and 2

- Narcos (Amazing)

- The Man in The High Castle (Brilliant!)

- Penny Dreadful (Brilliant! On Showtime)

- The Strain (Brilliant! On FX)

.....to name a few ;) 

EDIT: Also forgot to mention: Ray Donovan!!

5 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

How can anyone still watch The Walking Dead? That show ended for me with the arrival of Negan in season 7. Turned to total crap.

I agree bud!

The last 2 seasons have been s**t, mega slow and boring. I hate saying that because I'm a HUGE Walking Dead fan but it's becoming pretty lame.

32 minutes ago, Stormin691 said:

I've had a surgery for ruptured bicep tendon been home watching the entire 7 seasons of Game of Thrones. Took two tries to get into it but man what an awesome series!

The best TV series around IMO

Hello Gang,

Just a thought.  Currently I re-side in / on the northern part of the US of A,  bout 100 miles north of  NY city.

My ILEC here carries TV channels, internet (for computer)  and either a POTS  (plan old Telephone service) copper line or if you stay

with the internet based option for phone you receive your phone line on the web as part of the internet protocol.  I won't bore you with

the difference between the IP based phone line connection and (POTS, copper line) connection.

So the shows I currently watch are:  Moonshiners ( I know fake) but funny and historic, Pawn Stars, Nat. Geo. Channel (Inside Combat Rescue),

and of most importance the beIN channel out of Doha.  This channel provides me with most of the programs for soccer that I enjoy;  EPL (England)

La Liga (Spain), Serie A (Italy), Bundesliga (Germany),  Ligue 1 ( France). Of course I enjoy the FOX network free (could be faked),

and the Japan channel called "NHK" part of the Japan TV network where Sumo wrestling is really fun to watch.

Anyway there is a lot to be found, from amazon sticks to streaming.  Here in the states the the new tv's are "smart"

were  you can use it as your computer with icons on your screen like your smart phone, computer, have yet to buy one.

Happy watching mates.......

I definitely enjoyed Stranger Things and Dark.  Netflix has had a few really good stand-up comedy specials recently too.  The new one with Tom Segura was great.  I'm watching the new episodes of Planet Earth right now, which if you're into that kind of thing, does not disappoint.  

10 hours ago, prodigy said:

Surprised no one said Vikings yet. It's on Amazon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

interesting. i don't have netflix et al, but a lot of these are on free to air here (and i can see netflix when at the coast).

we have had vikings on a public station here from day one and i have tried and tried to like (heaps of aussies involved and it seemed like the sort of thing i would enjoy). even watched the first two series a second time as i wondered if i'd missed something.

sorry, leaves me cold.

did see series one of the crown and liked that a lot.

Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Arrested Development, Peaky Blinders, Lost, Fargo - all on free to air here. that is a seriously good collection of tv. 

7 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

I’m half way through season 2. I’d never seen it before but a friend kept recommending it. I’m ready to give it up already (the other half is trying to stick with it), there’s no way i will make season 7. 

On Netflix, Chef's table, The Mind of A Chef, Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown, yeah I really like food shows. Sour Grapes, a documentery about a rare wine counterfeiter. Really good. Peaky Blinders (still waiting for season 4 to be released here in Sweden), Mindhunters. Gomorrah, maybe the best crime series ever created. American Gods on Amazon. And I'm going through all seasons of The Wire for the fifth time right now. "You want it to be one way. But it's the other way."

Stranger Things

Ozarks

Arrested Developement

Better Call Saul

Game of Thrones

Sense 8 (Sadly discontinued)

Marco Polo

Travelers

Big Mouth

Glitch

Silicon Valley

Also this isn't a show but I did just watch "Cuba and the Cameraman" on Netflix. 

On 1/22/2018 at 9:23 AM, Ethernut said:

Funny I felt the same way. Felt it began to jump the shark at end of first season. Any family that depressing needs serious help. Just began to get painful to watch. Didn’t get past the first few episodes of the second season..  hope you and Dana are good. Definitely planning on heading to HAV in Nov..

Dana liked it so we continued to watch it. I found myself stressed out after each episode. That's no fun?

Dana and I are great. Thanks for asking. Can't wait to catch up with you in November.

16 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

we have had vikings on a public station here from day one and i have tried and tried to like (heaps of aussies involved and it seemed like the sort of thing i would enjoy). even watched the first two series a second time as i wondered if i'd missed something.

sorry, leaves me cold.

Agree.  Didn't grab me either.

My wife loves the endless supply of modern crime dramas and police procedurals.  For her, the last decade or so has been a golden age.