What shows are you watching? Netflix, Amazon, Cable, etc.?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ALTERED CARBON!  ...That is all

I recently binge watched Bosch on Netflix. Great detective show based on a book series. 

Black mirror on netflix. Bloody brilliant!  

Anyone watching Shot in the Dark on Netflix?

Its a documentary series about "stringers" in Los Angeles; the people that sell video footage to news stations. Pretty interesting, if anyone ever saw the movie Nightcrawler with Jake Gyllenhaal, you'll know what its about. Some things feel slightly scripted but over all, it is worth watching IMO.

Latest binge
Black mirror

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Season 4 was a bit down from the previous seasons, IMO, but still great TV. Some of these are just a little too close to reality...

Well. I was watching House of Cards but unfortunatly some disgusting perv ruined that for me and they canceled it I believe so now I have been watching Narcos. Man Netflix really does have alot of good stuff on there anymore don't they.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

just ordered it. good mate reckons it is some of the best television he has ever seen.

Season 1 of True Detective is indeed fantastic ... every moment is masterful.

Do not, under any circumstances, watch Season 2.  Stop at Season 1.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cmbarton said:

Season 1 of True Detective is indeed fantastic ... every moment is masterful.

Do not, under any circumstances, watch Season 2.  Stop at Season 1.  

they came as a set. i see there is a third in the works.

mcconaughey is a fave of mine. think he is a top actor, too often undervalued. and anyone born in texas who is a fanatical skins fan is all right by me!!

7 minutes ago, Ken Gargett said:

mcconaughey is a fave of mine. think he is a top actor, too often undervalued. and anyone born in texas who is a fanatical skins fan is all right by me!!

Now when you watch Season 2, your expectations are so low that you might actually enjoy it.  

You’re welcome!

5 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

Use the second disc as a coaster or hang it from a tree to scare away birds. McConaughey is not in the second season anyway since s1 and s2 are two different stories. 

• Like 1

On 24/01/2018 at 11:38 PM, Ken Gargett said:

just ordered it. good mate reckons it is some of the best television he has ever seen.

Excellent recommendation; you will not regret it.  

5 minutes ago, madandana said:

Just finished season 4 of Peaky Blinders. It was great.

Watched episode 1 of Black Mirror- The one with the pig.......Not to my liking. I will give it one more chance.

In my opinion, S1E1 of Black Mirror is at or near the bottom when I rank all of the current episodes in the series.  The only one I might rank lower is 'Metalhead' from the current season.  More shock value than quality writing and/or plot for both of them.  Hopefully you'll enjoy the rest of the series.  

• Like 1

Just now, ayepatz said:

Star Trek Discovery, Grand Tour, and just started Narcos, which looks like it will be superb.

Narcos was a lot of fun. Especially season 1 and 3.

We'll see what happens, if they come out with a 4th season, after what happened in Mexico.

• Like 1

Just finished season 4 of Peaky Blinders. It was great.
Watched episode 1 of Black Mirror- The one with the pig.......Not to my liking. I will give it one more chance.

Just finished episode 2 of season 4 this very second. Oh how I’ve missed Birmingham.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Just started watching Mind Hunter on Netflix.  Awesome, and binge watching now.  Strong recommend, and thanks for those who suggested it!

• Like 1

On 1/25/2018 at 12:38 PM, AJS said:

In my opinion, S1E1 of Black Mirror is at or near the bottom when I rank all of the current episodes in the series.  The only one I might rank lower is 'Metalhead' from the current season.  More shock value than quality writing and/or plot for both of them.  Hopefully you'll enjoy the rest of the series.  

Couldn't agree more.  I'm sure many people gave up on Black mirror after watching S01E01.  I also agree that Metalhead is a poor episode.  

However, When Black Mirror is on, it is the most profound fiction I have ever seen on TV or film.