Jefferson's Reserve + Cohiba

nsills

Love bourbon and cigars! :cigar:   I've not tried that particular Jefferson's though.  Apparently Jefferson's is adept at ferreting out orphan barrels lost among other warehouses and turning them into interesting bourbons.  As well as their own batches of new stuff (like the barrels aged at sea).  Some of this experimenting works out quite well according to the reviews.  I had Jefferson's Presidential Reserve 30 year, blended from other distiller's orphaned barrels, and it was a disappointment; so much so that we put it down and ordered Blanton's. :rolleyes:  Sad waste of whiskey.  From what my betters tell me, sometimes lots of years in an oak barrel is too much of a good thing.  Or perhaps there's a reason those barrels were orphaned in the first place.

Anyway, interesting distiller and they deserve props for trying new things with old formulas! :2thumbs:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PapaDisco said:

Love bourbon and cigars! :cigar:   I've not tried that particular Jefferson's though.  Apparently Jefferson's is adept at ferreting out orphan barrels lost among other warehouses and turning them into interesting bourbons.  As well as their own batches of new stuff (like the barrels aged at sea).  Some of this experimenting works out quite well according to the reviews.  I had Jefferson's Presidential Reserve 30 year, blended from other distiller's orphaned barrels, and it was a disappointment; so much so that we put it down and ordered Blanton's. :rolleyes:  Sad waste of whiskey.  From what my betters tell me, sometimes lots of years in an oak barrel is too much of a good thing.  Or perhaps there's a reason those barrels were orphaned in the first place.

Anyway, interesting distiller and they deserve props for trying new things with old formulas! :2thumbs:

Some valuable insight! I have not tried the others, just this one. It is very good, smooth and balanced. Luckily it works here. 

What I can say it is a wonderful journey for us to try these new things with them good or bad, although I'll stay cautious of the Presidential Reserve when this can be had at a lower price of addmittance :D

• Like 1