Start the week with a laugh

https://www.boringcompany.com/flamethrower

Boring_Company_Flamethrower_2048x2048.pn

The Boring Company Flamethrower

$500.00

Guaranteed to liven up any party!
World's safest flamethrower!

-Fire extinguisher sold separately (for exorbitant amounts of money)
-Taxes and shipping will be added at checkout
-Additional customs fees may apply for international orders because of laws
-International customers can receive a full refund if not happy with said fees
-Before shipping, aspiring flamethrower aficionados will be sent a terms and conditions rhyme for review and acceptance
-Starts shipping in spring
-May not be used on Boring Company decorative lacquered hay bales or Boring Company dockside munitions warehouses

Buy an overpriced Boring Company fire extinguisher! You can definitely buy one for less elsewhere, but this one comes with a cool sticker and the button is conveniently riiight above.

I honestly thought this was some PR joke initially when I seen it on social media but realised it's real!? :blink:

Other than having one for Havanathon to light a few cigars and eyebrows, this is otherwise a real bad idea IMO.

Like a normal match or lighter isn't tempting enough for fire bugs to light bush fires which we get a lot of here in OZ and even California, this is just stupid. 

.....Cool but impractically stupid and dangerous.

• Thanks 1

Been a long time fan of the XM42. Initially when it was first manufactured they even shipped into Australia as at the time I believe there weren't laws specifically outlining "flamethrowers" as "firearms".. Unfortunately I found this all out about 12 months too late and now I just look and wish..

*There are folks out here who wouldn't hesitate to use this on people - for the slightest offense. Don't even know why something like this would even be sold to the general public. It's used in combat on foreign soil against folks believed to richly deserve it...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, cigcars said:

*There are folks out here who wouldn't hesitate to use this on people - for the slightest offense. Don't even know why something like this would even be sold to the general public. It's used in combat on foreign soil against folks believed to richly deserve it...

Well that is natural progression of that thought. If you believe there is people on foreign soil that richly deserve being burnt alive you are not that far from believing there are few on domestic that deserve it too.

38 minutes ago, Iznogood said:

Well that is natural progression of that thought. If you believe there is people on foreign soil that richly deserve being burnt alive you are not that far from believing there are few on domestic that deserve it too.

Personally, i do not believe anyone deserves their face melting off, but i AM a crazy liberal, the type mother's warn their sons/daughters/pets about...:ph34r:

Can we all take a moment to bask in the Genius that is Elon Musk. 

He started "The Boring Company" about 18 months ago as an infrastructure off shoot related to the Hyperloop. Public funding has been slow for the Hyperloop and beyond the "test track" outside Vegas(which you should REALLY go see) they haven't built anything yet. As you can read in the below link they are staying "busy" with a couple projects in LA and Maryland, but nothing full scale yet.  

I know he has a bunch of structural and mechanical engineers to keep busy in the meantime, but a flamethrower? It seems like he could contract more of them out to SpaceX to help with launch facility improvements, or something. Flamethrowers would not be my first idea. But PayPal, Tesla, and SpaceX obviously weren't at the top of my ideas list either, unfortunately. I have no idea regarding the legality of selling, owning and using something like this, but mine is Ordered. If its illegal, it will most certainly not move forward.  

We already have essentially the same thing here in the states, just without the fancy plastic pieces. They're called "weed burners" and hook up directly to a tank of propane. I've seen the flames from those get just as large as the video, so we aren't really venturing into any new territory here. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boring_Company

8 hours ago, Iznogood said:

*If you'll notice - I put it like "folks believed to richly deserve it" i.e., not including or excluding anyone in particular. For myself - no I don't wish that on anyone in particular/and I can't state who I know have used that tactic due to our ban on U.S. politics. Just making an observation that I intended to be taken "in general". Yet I do appreciate your observation too :peace:

• Like 1