Marco Island Florida - Any Must Do’s?

Here till Sunday on a work trip, have tons of free time. Having difficulty find anything terribly interesting about the place. (My fault I’m certain)

Any must do’s in food, sunset spots or excursions for those with first-hand knowledge?

thx in advance!

E

There isn’t a bunch of stuff to do on Marco period. My grandparents used to have a place there and I use to regularly go down and all I did was fish. The brewery in the “downtown” plaza is decent. The Marriott is very nice (are you staying there?) and you can walk around and hit the bars there. The beach is very nice down there with a couple public access points. 

Head down to the Snook Inn on Marco River to grab some food and watch boats go by. Stan’s or the Little Bar on Goodland are good places to swing by. Drinking and fishing are the two main activities down there. 

• Like 1

Definitely an RR type location. Beach and....beach.

Wife and I did have a really good dinner at Marco Prime a couple weeks ago. If I went back I'd hit that place again. Ario at the JW Marriott wasn't worth the time.

@steelcity @ChefBoyRG54 @madandana

Appreciate it Gents. Sounds like you’re echoing my investigatory work as well. Saying at JW Marriott it’s nice as resorts go, very friendly staff. Locals have recco’d Little Bar and Snook. Will hit Snook tomorrow night. Saturday I’m renting a 23’ hurricane and planning on seeing the dome house and finding a private beach. Was considering going into Goodlet for lunch, would little bar be accessible from the water? What would be a lunch recco from a boat south of Marco?

Eating at Marco Prime as I type this...

Thx again gents!

22469338-D7C1-42FB-AE63-267D9DBB1A20.jpeg

• Like 2

[mention=31322]steelcity[/mention] [mention=22180]ChefBoyRG54[/mention] [mention=10830]madandana[/mention]
Appreciate it Gents. Sounds like you’re echoing my investigatory work as well. Saying at JW Marriott it’s nice as resorts go, very friendly staff. Locals have recco’d Little Bar and Snook. Will hit Snook tomorrow night. Saturday I’m renting a 23’ hurricane and planning on seeing the dome house and finding a private beach. Was considering going into Goodlet for lunch, would little bar be accessible from the water? What would be a lunch recco from a boat south of Marco?
Eating at Marco Prime as I type this...
Thx again gents!

22469338-D7C1-42FB-AE63-267D9DBB1A20.thumb.jpeg.dedc2f14287ade24a2cc9a32912e31c6.jpeg
Octopus app was killer
  • Like 1

My folks have a winter place in Naples on the road to Marco so we are out there every year.  Tigertail beach is a lot of fun.  Pay lot and a pretty good snack bar.  Walk across the lagoon and cross to the other side of the island and you are on the Gulf beach which is very nice for swimming, walking, shelling, etc.  Joeys Pizza is pretty good, Michel Bobs Ribs is great.  They have a takeout on Marco and the main restaurant is in Naples.  There is a fun mini golf course on Marco.  Goodland is lots of fun as is Everglade City which is a short drive and a good place to get stone crab.  Couple good restaurants as well.  You can do airboat tours out of Everglade city as well.  Have fun!

• Like 1