Looking for Cream (flavor)

PSD4 is the creamiest Cuban I have had. But I have never tried anything from Hoyo. For non Cubans the Ashton original and cabinet with Connecticut shade wrappers are creamy cigars. Plenty more but none off the top of my head.

If you like cream try the Hoyo epicure 2

It's hard to beat the H.Upmann line when looking for a cream like flavor. The Connie A is wonderful followed by the Connie 1. My favorite is a nicely aged Mag 46 but you can't go wrong with any of those.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

On 2/4/2018 at 12:46 PM, torsion said:

should try the HdM DC...also need to try the Epicure Especial one day too

I wouldn't. :P

Cream is a mouthfeel, you'll get it in bigger ring gauge Habanos with the added volado/seco.

3 hours ago, HoyoFan said:

@mk05 we’re talking about the flavor of cream here, not the texture. Hoyo’s definitely have that as a distinct quality

Personally, I understand cream as aerated milk, so saying that one likes the taste of cream is to disjoin the mouthfeel of aerated milk, and instead focus on the taste of milk. I don't attribute milk to having much taste nor body - I'm not a super taster - but I congratulate you if you can grade milk as a function of milk fat and milk. Cream also can be fortified with sugar and other flavorings such as citrus, which also further dilutes the definition of cream. These are the reasons why cream is considered a texture and not a flavor, if being specific. To make it simple - it would be like saying that foam has taste.

Again, you will easily find creaminess in bigger ring gauges Habanos - with some exceptions - due to the simple reason that there's more volado/seco. Some Hoyo will exhibit creaminess - mostly in mouthfeel - but who knows what "Hoyo" you're smoking? If you are a generally new smoker, you've probably been smoking JL #2 counterparts, so maybe go there, as previously mentioned. If not, the 90s DC and le Gourmet portray the full mouthfeel that can be construed as creaminess. For cigars made past 1998, I have not had any Hoyo's portray this "distinct quality" in any cigar other than only a couple, and over 50rg. If I have learned anything over the years, it is that everyone is smoking vastly different cigars. YMMV, and good luck.

Epicure Especiales are amazing. I'm actually smoking a Punch 48 right now that is fairly creamy, despite a tight draw. 
Good summary, here. I concur.

Actually have a box of Especials on the way. Been looking to try them for a while.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 2/4/2018 at 4:09 PM, NYgarman said:

PSD4 is the creamiest Cuban I have had. But I have never tried anything from Hoyo. For non Cubans the Ashton original and cabinet with Connecticut shade wrappers are creamy cigars. Plenty more but none off the top of my head.

In terms of pure cream, I have to agree with NC Ashton Cabinet, especially the Belicoso.  Haven’t had one in a couple of years but last time WOW.  Like smoking a cup of half and half.  For Cubans, I’d say Hoyo epi 2 has been the best.