Fidel Castro's son commits suicide

11 hours ago, Fuzz said:

RIP. Depression is a vicious thing that you never truly get over.

Yes, a VERY terrible disease. I lost a very good friend several years ago to depression. He could never get over it. :(

35 minutes ago, prodigy said:

I guess it's also a shame Hitler killed himself?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

so, sins of the father?

clear;y you've never had to deal with anyone suffering depression. i hope you are that lucky for the rest of your life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, prodigy said:

Yes, it is. He should have stood trial for his crimes. But that is beside the point.

I agree with Ken, you obviously have never had the misfortune in having to deal with depression or know somebody suffering from it. If you did, you never would have made such a glib remark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, prodigy said:

I don't think you thought that one through very well. For a start you can hardly put Hitler and the Castro's in the same ball park on the evil stakes.

I'm pretty sure one of them was responsible for a mass genocide.

Secondly, everyone knows that Hitler moved to Argentina and opened a burger joint with Elvis.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very sad news. Seen depression at close hand and the devastating effects it has on the sufferer and those around them. Both now and in the future serving and veteran HM Forces (and other forces) will be exposed to this debilitating condition. Not just ex forces of course. Prodigy, I'm sure you just went off half-cocked. 

My point is you wouldn't even know his name if it wasn't for his father. How many people suffer daily that you never think twice about? The son of a dictator, all of a sudden everyone is deeply saddened and crushed? I guess I'm just cold hearted. For the record, I have had many close friends and family members fall victim to depression, so don't assume I've never had to experience it first hand.

I guess the Hitler remark may have been a stretch. So a better example, say Kim Jong-un falls into depression and commits suicide. Is it sad that he suffered? Granted he is creating his own legacy now, but until recently he was simply in his father's shadow.

Doesn’t matter who you are it is a insidious disease just be thank full you never suffer from it 

• Like 1

You may have considered all of the posts before yours....sadness...desease, pain...It is very sad....Consider that !!!. And move along ...post nothing..

Clutch....Thankyou for the info..

I am curious about why when famous or lesser so famous communists die, these threads move from their death to focusing on those that won’t mourn them.

This is not a thread about depression, or is it? Must I condition my response so that I am ‘in with’ those sympathetic to those depressed, while feeling no loss for the man? How ridiculous!

I want to tell you a little story.

Some 25 or so years ago a friend of mine was invited to tour a Habanos distributorship at the behest of a vendor. This was a pretty big deal to those of us smoking Cuban cigars at the time. I will just leave the people and the distributor nameless.

So they (my friend and others) were enjoying some cigars as the guest of the vendor host when low and behold Little Fidel here arrives. He hears my friends discussing cigars in (American) English, verbally exclaims that he hates Americans and they must be removed prior to his entry…

As distributorships are half owned by Tabacuba, they 'goose stepped' to his commands, quietly apologized and removed my friends group so that the Lord son of Española communists might enter and remain unstained by the presence of my countrymen.

For my part this is not a thread about the ills that he suffered from but the death of an individual. I don’t mourn him. He was just another hater of anyone that opposed the disease communism. The system that he and his family lived lavishly upon, while others suffered great ills from.

In my mind communism is also a disease! It is a parasitic blight on humanity. From my perspective, Fidelito here was one of many infectious communist cells, spreading lies, death and human despair across the globe to benefit his lifestyle. He was from a family of parasites.

Me, I am happy about the fact that there is one less communist ‘cell,’ one less parasite living off the suffering of others out there spreading this disease! I don’t really give a rat’s ass what ailment he died from!

Have at me people!

If you want, you can start a thread about the bane of depression and I will be happy to agree with you! This is not that thread.

-Piggy

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, PigFish said:

In my mind communism is also a disease!

Ray, like it or not, believe it or not, our buying Cuban cigars supports the Cuban government. We can try and make ourselves feel better about it by saying we're supporting Cuban workers and industry - and that is partially true, but there is no gray area. We help prop up the Cuban government - period. It might not be the greatest percentage, but there is no such thing as a little pregnant....

1 hour ago, PigFish said:

I am curious about why when famous or lesser so famous communists die, these threads move from their death to focusing on those that won’t mourn them.

This is not a thread about depression, or is it? Must I condition my response so that I am ‘in with’ those sympathetic to those depressed, while feeling no loss for the man? How ridiculous!

I want to tell you a little story.

Some 25 or so years ago a friend of mine was invited to tour a Habanos distributorship at the behest of a vendor. This was a pretty big deal to those of us smoking Cuban cigars at the time. I will just leave the people and the distributor nameless.

So they (my friend and others) were enjoying some cigars as the guest of the vendor host when low and behold Little Fidel here arrives. He hears my friends discussing cigars in (American) English, verbally exclaims that he hates Americans and they must be removed prior to his entry…

As distributorships are half owned by Tabacuba, they 'goose stepped' to his commands, quietly apologized and removed my friends group so that the Lord son of Española communists might enter and remain unstained by the presence of my countrymen.

For my part this is not a thread about the ills that he suffered from but the death of an individual. I don’t mourn him. He was just another hater of anyone that opposed the disease communism. The system that he and his family lived lavishly upon, while others suffered great ills from.

In my mind communism is also a disease! It is a parasitic blight on humanity. From my perspective, Fidelito here was one of many infectious communist cells, spreading lies, death and human despair across the globe to benefit his lifestyle. He was from a family of parasites.

Me, I am happy about the fact that there is one less communist ‘cell,’ one less parasite living off the suffering of others out there spreading this disease! I don’t really give a rat’s ass what ailment he died from!

Have at me people!

If you want, you can start a thread about the bane of depression and I will be happy to agree with you! This is not that thread.

-Piggy

so it is not a thread about depression but it is a thread about the disease of communism? and there was me thinking it was a thread about a bloke who took his life after suffering.

colt is absolutely right - ray, it is the height of hypocrisy to bitch about communism (i doubt there are many here who support the concept) while you have supported the government by your actions for decades.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, prodigy said:

My point is you wouldn't even know his name if it wasn't for his father. How many people suffer daily that you never think twice about? The son of a dictator, all of a sudden everyone is deeply saddened and crushed? I guess I'm just cold hearted. For the record, I have had many close friends and family members fall victim to depression, so don't assume I've never had to experience it first hand.

I guess the Hitler remark may have been a stretch. So a better example, say Kim Jong-un falls into depression and commits suicide. Is it sad that he suffered? Granted he is creating his own legacy now, but until recently he was simply in his father's shadow.

what an extraordinarily crass post. sure, people die every day but ever thought that this is simply people saddened by a fellow human dying in a tragic way. if you truly have had "many close friends and family members fall victim to depression" and yet you can still seemingly rejoice in the death of a human in those circumstances then i'd say cold hearted falls well short of the mark.

take it further. we would not know castro's name at all if the US had not propped up a corrupt dictator at the expense of the cuban people for their own interests. should we also rejoice in the deaths of all those involved in that brilliant policy? where do you want to draw the line?

ray's 'friend of a friend said' anecdote from decades ago aside (which, with respect, could easily have been nothing more than the bloke not wanting to be photographed by/with americans given the relations between the two countries and the fact that it could have been dangerous for him as that was around the time that his father had kicked him out of the positions he held - and if you think that is farfetched, i can name a famous french winemaker who would not be photographed with or go near a south african winemaker because he had objected to the names the south african was using for his wines), i can't find anything substantial about him other than that he was a scientist, more recently involved in attempting to promote renewable energy and also involved in welcoming americans to cuba, though this seems to have been largely ceremonial. so, we can all give thanks another one of those hated scientists is six foot under?

to compare this bloke to kim jong-un is beyond stupid. one comes out from under his father and joins the madmens' club taking us to the brink of nuclear war while having family members murdered for sport. the other tries to promote renewable energy and gets photographed with naomi campbell. birds of feather.

• Like 1

At first I thought I was being trolled. So many people "saddened" by the death of the son of a brutal dictator. I see now that those of you saddened by this are very much speaking the truth as you see it. I'll not join in on this topic any further as there is no way I'll ever see eye to eye any of you "mourners". 974f3bbc811bb96f87c6cd06d2acafd1.jpg

I have a yet unposted comment about my own hypocrisy. The thread as always will take a life of its own. I am well known for ‘moving’ threads along.

My comment was more along the line that it ‘appears’ to be more acceptable to hack a member than a dead commie!

There are always the guys telling someone else not to post... and backing their position by rebutting the argument with further negativity.

Oh, and for the record, my source is far more reliable a conduit of information than those who have zero experience here.

Nothing much changes here. Refusal to mourn a dead commie makes you a villain. Pardon me while I laugh at the thought of those that have expressed mourning for this guy are the classiest amongst us.

-Piggy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3