Fidel Castro's son commits suicide

5 minutes ago, prodigy said:

At first I thought I was being trolled. So many people "saddened" by the death of the son of a brutal dictator. I see now that those of you saddened by this are very much speaking the truth as you see it. I'll not join in on this topic any further as there is no way I'll ever see eye to eye any of you "mourners". 974f3bbc811bb96f87c6cd06d2acafd1.jpgso, that would be 'won't join

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

so, that would be 'won't join in any further' other than then posting your insulting zombie crap?

like it or not, as colt has pointed out, you support the cuban government by purchasing cuban cigars. if you feel that strongly, you can always walk the walk.

i have serious doubts that you really have had much experience with depression. what people have done on this thread is express their sympathy for someone who suffered to the extent of feeling it necessary to take their own life. surely a tragedy in any circumstances. you took the opportunity to belittle that death by comparing him to kim and hitler. with no supporting evidence other than a relation. if anyone is trolling...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, PigFish said:

He was just another hater of anyone that opposed the disease communism. The system that he and his family lived lavishly upon, while others suffered great ills from.

I

Did you know him?

How do you know what he thought?

Keyboard analysis at its finest 

He was a nuclear physicist, spoke four languages, hid from politics, was sacked by his father. Mates of mine both here and in th UK did know him and spoke highly of him as an individual. 

The article was posted as "news". It morphed into  depression (at our age group people are falling like flies to this)  and ended up with the worst kind of soap box opera......which in turn has depressed me  What a pitiful display. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PigFish said:

I have a yet unposted comment about my own hypocrisy. The thread as always will take a life of its own. I am well known for ‘moving’ threads along.

My comment was more along the line that it ‘appears’ to be more acceptable to hack a member than a dead commie!

There are always the guys telling someone else not to post... and backing their position by rebutting the argument with further negativity.

Oh, and for the record, my source is far more reliable a conduit of information than those who have zero experience here.

Nothing much changes here. Refusal to mourn a dead commie makes you a villain. Pardon me while I laugh at the thought of those that have expressed mourning for this guy are the classiest amongst us.

-Piggy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ray, i think if the post had been along the lines of 'i don't support the regime and didn't know the bloke so won't be...', it might have been more understandable. i have no issue with that at all. although to compare him to hitler and kim is idiocy.

i think that a lot of the feeling here, and the strength of it, is because of the manner of the death and because obviously a lot of us can relate to that. if he had fallen off the perch because of a heart attack or car accident then i think you would not have seen the extent of the sympathy expressed, but it is horrendous to see what depression can do to people and what it can cause them to do. you never want to see anyone suffer in that manner. to belittle that by the comparison with hitler (don't think that there is a lot of evidence that his decision was caused by depression) is offensive to a lot of people.

• Like 3